051: Overprotective Brother

EJ Caswell pulls up outside of his cousins house, before him, Carlos Rodriguez and Kourtney Greene what for his cousin Ashlyn and girlfriend Gina Porter

"Last one in's a rotten egg." EJ says seeing his cousin. "And that's no yolk."
"Ugh! He's on a dad joke kick 'cause he's taking us all on a road trip." Ashlyn says.
"That is completely false. And I just have one question" EJ says. "What's orange and sounds like a parrot?  A carrot."
"Is he okay?" Carlos asks Ashlyn.
"Just for a finale head count who's not here?" EJ asks.
"Big Red's got to work." Ashlyn says.
"Sebbie's gotta milk." Carlos says.
"Nini's with her moms." Ashlyn adds.
"Steph, Al and Hal are driving up there together and meeting us there." Kourtney says.
"Oh, and Ricky's with..." Carlos starts but gets cut off by EJ blowing the horn.
""We don't say her name. Or his. Not after what he did to Summer." EJ says.
"Overprotective brother much?" Kourtney asks jokingly.
"Just don't mention either of them around Summer, okay? She's still heartbroken over him." EJ says.
"I'm surprised you let her and El ride with Landon up there." Carlos says.
"I'm surprised Summer is even friends with Landon again." Ashlyn says.
"Yeah, well... it's her choice, we all just need to keep an extra close eye on him whenever he's around." EJ says.
"You definitely are an overprotective brother when it comes to her." Ashlyn tells her cousin with a laugh.
"Yeah, well... she's already been through enough. So can you blame me?" EJ asks. "Anyway, why are you all coming to the world's greatest camp for two weeks?"
"Because there's a secret celebrity!" The other three say
"Oh, I was actually looking for because 'We all love each other.' and something, something, 'Wildcats'." EJ says.
"Yes." Ashlyn says.
"Okay." EJ says before spotting Gina. "Gina, come on."
"There she is." Kourtney says. "Okay, braids."
"Are Sum and El still riding with Landon?" Gina asks.
"Yep." Carlos says. "And EJ has gone all overprotective brother when it comes to those two."
"Okay, okay. Let's just go." EJ says before starting the car.

__________

"Wait, so go over your plan again." Nini says, while she was packing and on face-time with Summer, who was in the car with Landon and Ellie driving to summer camp.
"Summer camp is two weeks. After those two weeks, come and stay with you for two weeks then go to this family members house that's near where you're gonna be." Summer explains to Nini who nods slowly while listen.
"God, can't wait to see you in two weeks." Nini says.
"Same, wish you were coming." Summer says.
"I went last year, I need somewhere new that I've never been before to write these songs." Nini says. "You're still working on yours while at camp right?"
"Yeah." Summer says.
"I seriously can not wait to hear them." Nini says.
"I can't wait to hear yours." Summer replies.
"Have you heard from anyone else, how far are they?" Nini asks.
"EJ, G, Ash, Carlos and Kourt are about 3 hours ahead of us while Steph, Hal and Al are leaving Salt Lake in about an hour so at that point we'll be about two hours ahead of them." Summer explains.
"Oh just so you know they take your phones when you get there." Nini says.
"What!" Ellie, who had had her headphones in the whole car ride, shouts.
"Oh yeah, of course you hear that." Summer says jokingly, looking back at her sister, before turning back to Nini. "A least that means I can get away from all the TikTok's Ricky and Lily have been posting for two weeks."
"Why don't you just block them?" Nini asks.
"Because they'll know if I do." Summer replies.
"True." Nini says. "God, I can't believe he's with her."
"Same. But, if she makes him happy she makes him happy." Summer says.
"You're the one who made him happy. I bet she's just a rebound." Nini says.
"As if." Summer says.
"Sum, you really have to stop doubting yourself." Nini says.
"Yeah, yeah. Okay." Summer says
"Try not to think about him, Sum." Nini says.
"Okay, I'll try." Summer says, unconvincingly.
"Do I need to call Kourtney to ask her to kick some sense into you, or do I need to text El?" Nini says.
"No, no, no. I'll try not to think about him. I promise." Summer says.
"Good." Nini says. "I'm gonna go, got some stuff to drop off at Miss Jenn's."
"Say hey to her from me." Summer says.
"Will do, bye El!" Nini says.
When Ellie doesn't reply Summer throws the soft tennis ball that was down by her feet, at her.
"Ow!" Ellie says, taking her headphones off. "What was that for?"
"Nini's going, she said bye." Summer says.
"Oh, bye Ninsey!" Ellie says.
"Bye El." Nini replies. "Bye Landon."
"Bye Nini." Landon says.
"Bye Sum, don't forget, don't think about him. I mean it." Nini says.
"I'll try not to. Bye Neens." Summer says before hanging up.
"So..." Landon says. "Who do you think the celebrity guest will be?"
"Better be Taylor Swift." Summer says.
"Sum, I don't think a summer camp would be able to get someone as big as Taylor Swift as a celebrity guest." Landon tells her.
"Well, one can hope." Summer says.
"Want to do some singing?" Landon says.
"Oh please play the 'Mamma Mia' soundtrack!" Summer says.
"You got it." Landon says before playing the soundtrack.
One of Summer's favourite songs were first to come on.
"Oh my god! I love this song!" Summer shouts.
"Which on is it?" Landon asks.
"'Angel Eyes'." Summer says. "Come on, you must know it."
"Nope." Landon says.
"Oh my god. I've got so much to teach you, Lan. So much." Summer says.
The words then start and Summer starts singing them.She did the same with every song, Landon looking over at her occasionally smiling. It was no secret to anyone apart from Summer that Landon was falling for her again. He planned on telling her at the end of camp. If nothing got in the way.