055: Firecracker

"We get to play sisters!" Kourtney says placing her hands on Summer's shoulders

"And I'm playing your mother!" Gina adds.
"I know." Summer says before the three girls scream in excitement.
Summer wasn't sure how she got the role of Anna, but she was happy she would be able to be on her friends again. She knew she would have to figure out how she got the role.
"Wow. I did not know your voices could reach that register." Ricky says.
"Plug you ears because I'm about to join them." Carlos says as him and Ricky make their way to the front. "I can't believe I'm playing..."
Olaf! Congrats bro." Ricky says. "And I'm playing Kristoff. That's..."
"A person. Congratulations on being an actual spices. Ricky." Carlos says.
Hearing that Ricky was playing Kristoff, causes Summer face to instantly drop. Not because she wasn't happy for him, she was, she just didn't think he could play another pair of love interest with him.
"It's okay, Carlos." Ellie says appearing next to Summer.
"First Lumiere, and now Olaf. Am I destined to play an inanimate object for eternity?" Carlos asks.
"Make way for Grande La De Bouche." Ashlyn says making her way forward.
"And the silly girls." Alice adds as her, Haliee and Stephanie follow behind.
"Make way for... the ensemble?"Ashlyn says. "I mean, hey, the ensemble. You can't do a show without the ensemble. There are no small parts, only small actors, right? Don't count your lines, make the lines count."
"All right, all right, everyone calm down. Let's just be professionals." EJ says.
"Professionally, mazel tov." Haliee says. "Especially EJ. Personally, I will be backlogging photos of him in antlers, for all future possible blackmail purposes."
Ever since 'Beauty And The Beast', Haliee and EJ had become extremely close, seeing as they were the only two seniors, out of the main cast.
"What are you talking about, Hal?" EJ asks, as everyone laughs.
"Your good friend Val cast you as Sven, the reindeer." Stephanie tells him.
"No, no, I'm not in the show. I'm directing in the show." EJ says.
"Check the lists. Looks like you'll be joining the ranks of character actor- directors." Carlos says.
"Oh, like Greta Gerwig." Gina says.
"No, this has to be a mistake." EJ says.
"I'm just wondering if this is a final list"? Carlos says.
"Can someone tell me how I got Anna when I didn't even audition?" Summer asks.
"We all heard you singing in the woods." Emmy says.
This causes Summer to freeze, that song was about Ricky, and Ricky was there, if he heard he would know the song was about him.
"Quiet your voices!" Everyone turns to see Maddox stood outside the barn.
"Morin', stage manager." EJ says. "You got everything ready?"
"Sure do rocket man. it's Newbie Imitation Camp out Night, folks." Maddox says. "A night in the woods among the wildlife. And spirts. Pack your tents. Oh, and rest your vocal cords. You'll be screaming tonight. Oh and by the way, Carlos, we have cameras in the stage managers office. But nice try recasting the show."
"Carlos Rodriguez!" Summer says, in a joking disappointed voice.
Everyone goes their separate ways to their camps to pack.

"It's the most wonderful time of the year." Maddox says, jumping up from the swing in the cabin. "Not Christmas, not Tax Day... Newbie Night! You guys are gonna have so much fun. Once we reach the camping spot, we start setting up the tents. Then we gather around the campfire for a little sing- along experience, followed by the famous retelling of..." She spots no one was listening. "Am I talking to myself? I'm talking to myself."
"I was listening." Summer says.
"Thanks, firecracker." Maddox says.
"Firecracker?" Summer questions.
"Camp name. First new on of the year, congratulations." Maddox says.
"Thanks, I guess." Summer says.
Ashlyn sighs screwing up a piece of paper.
"Are you okay?" Gina asks.
"A hundred percent. Just journalling." Ashlyn says. "reframing the news from this morning so I can make it a win." Ashlyn.
"Well, me and you get to mess around on stage more as we are in the background. We can make it look like it's part of the scene." Alice says. "That way, we will stand out more."
"True." Ashlyn says pointing out Alice with her pen. "But, going from roles like Miss Durbus and Madam le Grande Bouche, to the ensemble. Hard fall."
"Oh, I get it. You're a leo rising." Maddox says.
"Capricorn rising, actually. I'm all earth and air signs in my big three." Ashlyn says.
"Really? I totally get fire signs from you." Maddox says.
"Look, I know myself. I'm a Ravenclaw, an ENFP, a Madame Le Grande Bouche, and a Samantha." Ashlyn tells her, causing her to get confused looks. "The American Girl Doll, Samantha. And I'm definitely a Capricorn rising."
"Okay, tonight gonna rock." Maddox says.
"Hey G, can I talk to you?" EJ asks lifting up the curtain.
"Sum, can I also talk to you." Landon says popping up beside EJ.
"Whoa, whoa" Hey, get out." The girls besides Summer and Gina say.
"It's our heads." Landon replies.
"I'll allow it." Maddox says.
"Well now we need to come in the rest of the way." EJ says.
"You got two minutes, go." Maddox says.
The two boys step in, both off them holding flowers.
"Oh my god." Both girls gasp.
Landon hands Summer the flowers, which she quickly puts in water before they walk out.

"I still can't believe I got the lead without auditioning. I feel so bad." Summer says. "I'm thinking of giving the role to Gina to be honest."
"No, Sum. Come on, you..." Landon starts.
"You can't say I deserve the role when I didn't even audition." Summer says.
"You know, all it toke for Val to cast you as Anna was to hear one line of your song?" Landon says.
"You see that's what makes it even worse." Summer says. "I don't deserve this role. I'm going to Val and asking her to give my role to Gina."
"This doesn't have anything to do with Ricky, right?" Landon asks says Summer goes to walk away.
"What?" Summer asks turning to look at him.
"Look, I know you don't want to play his love interest after what happened, but this is a big opportunity. This is going to turn into a documentary." Landon says.
"I've already got enough going on with having to write a song a day, Lan." Summer sighs.
"Maybe talk to Gina and Val. We're doing two shows right? One for other campers and one for people outside of camp." Landon says.
"Yeah." Summer says.
"Maybe you and Gina could both play both roles one show you Anna and she's the queen and the other she's Anna and your the queen." Landon suggests,
"Okay, okay. I'll talk to Gina and Val." Summer says with a small laugh.
"Landon, two minutes is well up now!" Alice calls over to the pair.
"Guess, we better part." Landon says.
"Yeah, probably." Summer agrees.
"See you tonight?" Landon says.
"See you tonight." Summer says before thwy walk back to their respective cabins.