032: Set Up

The East High's Drama club, minus Carlos, were gathered in Seb's barn

"Why do I hear sheep but don't see sheep?" Ashlyn asks.
"Oh, that's Jimmy. He has social anxiety." Seb answers.
"Well, I'm team Jimmy. I don't camp, glamp or sleep without a slik pillow case." Kourtney says.
A sheep then bleats loudly causing EJ to scream.
"Real cool, Casewell, real cool." Alice says with a laugh.
"Listen, I'm sure Seb and Gina have a good reason for bringing us to his barn so late, on a school night." Ricky says, before looking at Summer. "Not that I mind the romantic setting."
"Romantic is debatable. But I like where you're headed." Summer says.
"Okay, so, we gathered you guys here tonight 'cause I've got this idea." Gina says. "And because we only have 48 hours to pull it off, it's gonna take all of us."
"The whole family." Seb says.
"Aww, you guys." Nini says.
"So I talked to Gina and we thought we could throw a big surprise party to celebrate the guy Carlos is." Seb tells everyone.
"And a quinceanero he always wanted and never got." Gina adds. "it's a birthday party but seriously zhuzhed up. 'Cause Carlos is one of the good guys."
"Okay, somebody say something because maybe this is a terrible idea?" Seb says.
"It's an amazing idea. I'm in!" Nini says.
"Me too." Summer adds.
Everyone cheers in agreement.
"For Carlos." Ricky says putting his hand into the middle of the circle.
"For Carlos!" They all cheer doing the same.

__________

The group where at rehearsals, Summer and ricky were sat on the bench talking while their in-laced hands were resting right by Summer's shoulder.
"And on the third count of eight, the wolves will attack the beast." Carlos announces getting the couples attention.
"Can't wait." Ricky says jokinly.
"Ricky, stand center stage and look afraid." Carlos tells him. Ricky kisses the side of Summer's head before taking his arm away from around her shoulder and going to the middle of the room. "Dancers please stand in for the wolves who are currently being potty- trained at the animal shelter."
While Ricky was roaring as the beast Summer couldn't help but burst out laughing, having to cover her mouth with her hand to muffle the laughing.

__________

Summer, Ellie, Ricky and Nini had all offered to do the decorations for the middle of the tables for the party. The party was in a few hours. Nini and Ellie had ran to the shops to get more supplies while Summer and Ricky were still hard at work.
"Hey, hey. Big party day." Mike says coming into the kitchen were the couple were. "Looks like you're up to your ears in rose petals."
"Yeah, so far no thorns, so..." Summer starts.
"Is that a euphemism?" Ricky asks looking back at her.
"You used the word 'euphemism' yet you're tanking English class." Mike says.
"Okay, boomer." Ricky says.
"I was born in the 70's." Mike replies walking away.
Summer laughs shaking her head.
"Okay, are you ready?" Summer asks. "I am, like, the Picasso of flower arrangements."
"Uh, wait, what's that?" Ricky asks as Summer holds up the arrangement of flowers so made.
"Yeah, Picasso wasn't appreciated in this own time." Summer says.
"Is that true?" Ricky asks.
"No, he was extremely wealthy and a terrible person." Summer says.
"Sum, I thought you said you could do the centerpieces." Ricky says laughing.
"I know, but everyone was so excited about helping out with the party and I just wanted to be apart of it." Summer says. "I haven't really been there much cause of counselling and I just wanted to be apart of a big thing with the group for the first time in a little while."
"Well, this is, like, part of a nightmare." Ricky says.
"Uh, I am part offended." Summer says. "Well, can I see yours?"
"I mean, uh, it's not much, but..." Ricky says before picking up his and turning around.
It looked amazing.
"Ricky Bowen, are you crafty?" Summer asks.
"Honestly, I don't know who I am anymore." Ricky admits. The two hit their arrangement of flowers together. "Cheers."
Ricky's dad then walks into the room with a dress shirt and pants on.
"Wow. That's different from what you were wearing a second ago." Summer says.
"Well, hello, sir. Have you seen my dad?" Ricky says. "Who're you all dressed up for?"
"Oh, well, I figured if I was giving you a ride to this thing, I might as well chaperone too, right?" Mike says. "Why? Who's gonna be there?"
"Just the theatre kids and Miss Jenn." Ricky says.
"All right, Chop-Chop. Let's get a move on. Go, go." Mike says.
"I've got to run back to mine and Nini's to get something. I'll be back in a bit." Summer tells Ricky.
"We'll come pick you up." Ricky tells her.
"Okay, thanks." Summer says.
Summer kisses Ricky cheek before leaving.

__________

On the way out Summer caught Ellie and Nini, Ellie went back to the house with Summer while Nini stayed with Ricky to help him load everything into the truck.
Summer was currently on the phone with Ricky seeing what time he would get there.
"So, why did you need to go back anyway?" Ricky asks.
"Oh, just needed to get changed." Summer says taking the outfit she had put aside out of her closet.
"Cool, well are you okay, if we make our way over now?" Ricky asks.
"Yeah, I should only be ten minutes." Summer says.
"More like ten hours." Ellie says from her spot on Summers bed.
"Shut up and go get ready." Summer tells her turning to her.
Ellie rolls her eyes before getting up and leaving the room.
"Everything okay?" Ricky asks.
"Yeah, just Ellie being Ellie. I'm gonna go get ready. See you in a bit." Summer tells him.
"See you in a bit." He agrees before she hangs up.

__________

Summer was helping Big Red and Kourtney with decorating.
"Wow, you guys decorated this place crazy fast." Summer says looking around.
"You should see him at the pizza shop. Nobody folds a box faster." Kourtney says. "we call him Oregano Origami."
"Wow, really? I always wanted a nickname." Big Red says.
"Oh this makes me so happy." Nini says coming over.
"Big Red doing manual labour?" Summer asks.
"No, you guys!" Nini says.  "Uh, for a minute I was feeling sad about not being in the show but now looking at you two, spreading your wings, working at the pizza shop, doing a thousand different things at once." Nini points to Kourtney and Big Red. "I don't know, it's like a very small reminder that the world is my oyster."
"Okay, uh, but never mix oyster and pizza." Big Red tells the three girls.
"Do you want a job?" Kourtney asks Nini.
"We're not actually hiring. That is unless Howie and Kourtney  actually get together. And then they break up. And then one of them quits." Big Red says.
"Wait what?" Nini asks.
"Wait. What are you even... that's crazy." Kourtney says. "You can't... it's insane with that... that little man is my employee."
"Technically, not really. So, you are free to date each other." Big Red says.
"You know, I think I'm going to go. That's enough." Kourtney says walking away.
"Okay." Summer says.
"Just the truth." Big Red says.
"What's going on?" Nini asks.
"I'll tell you later." Summer tells her.
"good." Nini says as the three laugh.

The party was all set up, Summer looked around with a smile.
"It looks great." Summer says to Ricky who was stood next to her.
"Yeah, it does." Ricky agrees.
This party was going to be amazing.