088: Brotherly Love

Summer was on set talking with Mack

Summer was on set talking with Mack. People were walking around them getting ready for the scene.
"All right people, hi yes." Quinn says entering the room. "Today we are attempting to shoot 22 pages. If we make our day we will break the record famously set by the crew of 'Revenant'. Who shot all the forest stuff in an hour because the bear was in heat."
"So, you ready to crush it?" Mack asks Summer, who turns back to him. "No prisoners today just gotta mail that chemistry. That's our job... as friends." Summer doesn't reply and Mack gently punches her in the shoulder. "Best friends."
"Sorry, just trying to find my motivation for the chemistry." Summer says.
"Through wow boy?" Mack asks.
Summer laughs at the fact he was right. Summer had a Polaroid picture of her and Ricky she was looking at.
"How did you know?" Summer asks.
"Well, you're dating him." Mack says.
"Yeah?" Summer says confused with where he was going.
"It's kind of obvious." Mack says, with a laugh.
"Right." Summer says not laughing.
"What's up?" Mack asks.
"Now that it's all in motion I'm starting to second guess myself." Summer admits.
"Doubt don't yourself. You've got this." Mack tells her.
"Thanks Mack." Summer says, folding up her script.
"Okay let's do this."
The two fist bump before getting into places.
"And action." Quinn says.

"Thanks again for agreeing to tutor me, Bailey." Mack says as Sam.
"Being a member of Mensa isn't just an honour, Sam. It's a privilege." Summer says as Bailey.
"Okay, why is it that numbers come so easily to
Me but I can't for the life of me remember when the battle of 1812 was?" Mack asks.
"I think you just did." Summer says.

They had shot a few scenes but still had a few more to go.
Summer and Mack were currently sat in a tent playing a board game as their characters.
"Okay, so I just spun a nine which means. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine." Mack says. "We just added three children."
"Sam, three children?" Summer asks laughing, as she leans forward slightly. "Do you really think we're ready for that?"
"Babe it's you and me. We're Wildcats." Mack tells her, also leaning forward slightly. "How hard can anything be?"
Summer and Mack smile at each other before kissing.

__________

Ricky was on a college visit, to the college that happened to be the same one EJ and Haliee went to. He ran into them and was spending the day with them. Ricky was in Ej's dorm while EJ and Haliee had gone to their only classes of the day.
Ricky was scrolling through his phone, while laying on the bed, when he came across a photo of Summer and Mack kissing for the movie.
"Fantastic." He says sitting up. "My girlfriends kissing her childhood crush."
"Okay, you wanna grab some food? Hal's waiting for us." Ej asks, causing Ricky to let out a small laugh. "You okay?"
"I'm great. Super good." Ricky says, causing EJ to grab Ricky's phone unconvinced. "That's..."
"Mmm- hmm. Mmm-hmm." EJ says seeing the photos of Summer and Mack, before sitting down next to Ricky. "Hey, I know what it feels like. I'm here for you though. Unless you want to be alone."
"Last summer I was terrified when i realised there was a real chance I could lose Summer for real. Not only as a girlfriend but as a friend. And I never thought after what happened she would feel the same way." Ricky admits. "I'm sorry. Is this weird for you to talk about? I know you see Summer as a sister."
"You're also my brother, Ricky. I'm here for both of you." EJ tells him.
"My senior year was suppose to be the best." Ricky says, standing up. "Me and Summer back together. The musical. We even wrote a song together."
"Really?" EJ asks. "Like you haven't done that before."
"We actually haven't we've merged our songs together due to Miss Jenn's request, but we never purposely worked on one together." Ricky says. "But, everything was perfect for like a second. Just like it was with my parents. Just like it was with me and Nini, just like it was with my dad and freakin' Miss Jenn. It's like everyone only allowed to be okay for like 10 seconds, and then everything falls apart. And then Summer gets this great movie opportunity, and this guy, her childhood crush, is hangin' out all the time. And it's like, I don't know, I don't want to get in her way, but I don't know what else to do but hide."
"Well, do you know what she wants?" EJ asks, after Ricky sat down on the bed again.
"I don't know. I'm to afraid to ask." Ricky admits. "Are you ever, like, uhm, afraid of the truth?"
"I mean, not so much anymore." EJ says.
"It's like... I never respond to my mom's texts 'cause I don't want to hear if she's back together with Todd." Ricky, says grabbing a pillow and hugging it. "I'm basically tanking my entire senior year instead of applying to colleges or focusing on my grades. I'm just distracted at the fear of losing more people. Uh, it's like... I'm tired. I'm tired of loosing people."
Ricky sits on the ground and EJ joins him.
"You will never loose Summer. She loves you so damn much it's annoying." EJ says. "She ain't letting you go without a fight. And I know you you ain't letting her go without a fight either. You guys are meant to be. You'll fight your way through everything and anything. You're Summer and Ricky, no one can take that away, ever."
Ricky looks at EJ going to say something but gets cut off by the door opening.
"Hey, guys what's taking so..." Haliee starts, cutting herself off as she sees the position the two boys were in. "Am I interrupting something."
"No, no. Let's get going. I'm starving." Ricky days standing up.
"Why don't we get takeaway. We can bring it back and eat it here." EJ suggests.
"Yeah. That sounds like a good plan there, babe." Haliee says. "What would you boys like, I'll go and get it."
The two boys give Haliee their orders before she leaves. They end up sitting around playing the guitar and piano waiting for her to get back.