Sindel and Shao Khan Part 2

I awake with a jolt, my breathing unsteady as I sit up. I look around the room finding no traces of my Emperor or Empress. In fact, nothing seemed moved. Perhaps the later events were a dream? My gaze travels downward my assumptions being proven right when I realized I still had armor on. I must've been so tired that I just collapsed on the bed. 

"I really need to keep my dreams under control." I grumble moving to take off my armor. 

However, just before I reached the straps, I heard a couple grunts and thuds outside in the hall. The hairs on my arms stand up and I grab my spear, quietly opening my door. Nothing seemed out of place until I saw a pair of legs being dragged around a corner. I sneak towards the corner being careful not to make any noise. I press myself against the wall as another pair of footsteps approach. I lunge at them when they rounded the corner, the person struggling against me while I choked them out. It's not long before they pass out and I take the chance to identify the intruder. 

It was obvious that they were an earthrealmer, but why would they come to Outworld? Especially by themselves. I grab their right hand, turning it over and spotting a lightning symbol. I looked at it closer, realizing that it had been burned into their skin. My eyes furrow as I realize that Sindel's assassin had a similar mark on his arm. 

"There!"

My head snaps up spotting another group of intruders. One of the intruders in the back speaks into their wrist as they rush me, and I get into a fighting stance. One of them lunges at me and I dodge before striking another in the face with the blunt end of my spear. They fall to the floor with a grunt as another tries to punch me. I grab their arm, barely avoiding the knife that suddenly unsheathed from their wrist. I growl at them, swiftly breaking their knee before slitting their throat. 

I ignore their gurgling as their blood stained the floor. The others didn't seem to care, furthering their assault on me. I was holding my own until the one I knocked down earlier charged me from behind, striking my back with their staff. I cry out and stumble, another taking advantage and landing a kick to my side. I wince as I fell to the ground the group moving on me within moments, one of them raising their weapon to kill me. They're stopped however, when a spear goes flying through their chest which was followed by a war cry. 

My fellow soldiers charge the intruders forcing them to leave me and go on the defensive. As my backup pushed them back a few rushes to my aid. 

"Are you alright Y/N?" One of them asks helping me up.

"Yes." I state wincing as I held my side, watching while the guards took on the intruders, "But someone must warn the rest of palace. I suspect that these intruders aren't alone and are trying to attack our royal family."

"Once these intruders are taken-"

"No. They could be attacking them as we speak. Go. Gather as many as you can and head towards their chambers. Sound the alarm."

"Captain-"

"That's an order."

He holds my gaze before reluctantly nodding, motioning for a few men to follow him. I grab my spear while they retreat joining the soldiers that remained in the battle. We were holding our own, striking down the assassins and gaining the upper hand with ease. However, that changed when more of their friends came to their aid, double teaming and striking down the guards that were with me. 

At that point I couldn't contain my bloodlust and revenge for my fallen brothers. I strike down the two nearest to me with ease, the men drawing their final breathes before they even hit the floor. Two more rush at me while another tossed her kunai spear at me, the chain wrapping around the handle of my spear. I fight for control of the weapon until the two neared me, letting it go and causing it to clothesline the two. This time I charged the group striking one in the sternum before breaking their neck. I turn to the rest only to be confused. Instead of charging me they just stood there glaring at me. 

I quickly find out why when lightning strikes me from behind. The force sends me flying into the opposite wall, the aftereffects leaving me paralyzed for a few moments. My body immediately became sore, and a metallic taste overwhelmed my senses. While I tried to recover from the blast of lightning it finally clicked-these were followers of dark Raiden. It was rumored that the corrupt demigod gave some of his followers temporary lighting control. I went to get up, my arms shaking in protest, but the remaining intruders pounced on me, one of them landing a punch to my temple and knocking me out. 

----

I wake up and attempt to sit up only to find that my limbs had been tied down. I was laying on some stone table, my awakening seeming to alert someone as a pair of footsteps approach me. It's not long before I spot the familiar face of Raiden, his corruption being clear by the red lightning he now possessed. 

"Y/N L/N, a once sworn protector of Earthrealm." He speaks stopping beside me. 

"What do you want?" I growl fighting my restraints. 

"I require more fighters for what my plans hold." 

"I will not join you. My loyalty is with my Khan and Empress."

He glares at me, "Yet do they know you are human? I'm sure Mileena and Skarlet has picked up on your scent. It won't be long before your Kahn and Empress find out."

"And I am prepared for that day." 

"It is too bad your loyalty lies with the wrong people. I wish you would've joined me voluntarily, but I will not complain. By the time I'm through with you, you will stand with Earthrealm once more."