290

The following day, I woke up feeling even worse than the previous day. Slowly, I made my way downstairs, where my dads were giving Alpine something to eat. My voice trembled as I called out, "Dad... Papa..."

Bucky, ever the caring one, responded with genuine concern, his voice carrying a soothing undertone, "Hey, are you feeling any better?" Without uttering a word, I shook my head, and he enveloped me in a tight, reassuring embrace.

Looking worried, Bucky's voice held a touch of apprehension, "How can we make you feel better?"

Summoning all the courage I had left, I hesitated before finally asking, "Could I go to a party today? I promise I won't smoke or take drugs!"

Steve, his expression stern and his tone firm, inquired with a sense of caution, "Alcohol?"

A surge of panic welled up within me, and I hurriedly responded, "Wait, what? No! No alcohol! Just loud music and my friends!"

Trying to be supportive, Steve's voice softened slightly as he offered an alternative, "I could play loud music here too, if it helps."

But my emotions, raw and unfiltered, poured out, and I pleaded with a sense of desperation, "Dad, I'm feeling like shit! Please, let me go!"

Bucky's voice held a determined resolve as he firmly stated, "No, Y/n, we're here for you, okay?"

Yet, my determination to prove myself was unwavering, and I insisted with a mix of frustration and desperation, "I won't do anything stupid! You can do a drug and alcohol test if you want!"

Steve, his patience tested by my persistent pleas, threatened with a hint of exasperation, "I'm gonna do it now if you keep asking about that party! Why do you want to go? I thought you wanted to stop!"

Caught in the battle between my guilt and my past, I admitted with a bittersweet pang, "I know, yes, but I just can't stop. It was so much fun..."

Understanding the intense struggle I was facing, Bucky offered a gentle suggestion, "Y/n, maybe go and take a cold shower, hmm?"

My voice carried a note of defiance, a plea tinged with desperation, "I don't need a cold shower! Please just let me go!"

Steve's voice held a mixture of frustration and a tinge of surrender, "If you don't go, then we will buy you something!"

My curiosity and desire piqued, "And what?"

Steve's voice took on a softer tone, an attempt to bridge the gap, "Whatever you want!"

As night fell, the longing for the familiar embrace of substances grew stronger. I found myself on the verge of tears, standing before my dads, attempting to sway them in my favor.

Bucky's voice held firmness, a protective wall, "We are saying no!"

My voice cracked with a hint of desperation, "Please... please, why not? If I won't take anything illegal—"

Bucky's voice grew resolute, a guardian of boundaries, "I'm gonna call the police on these guys!"

My voice wavered, a plea laced with vulnerability, "No! Let me just go, I will just talk with my friends, alright?"

Bucky's skepticism was evident, his tone laced with concern, "You call those people your friends?"

My voice reflected internal conflict, an uncertain admission, "No! I mean yes, I suppose! I don't know... just please—"

Bucky's voice held an unyielding finality, "No! Stop asking! It will stay a no!"

My voice, near breaking point, beseeched with a last-ditch effort, "Please!"

Bucky's voice remained unwavering, a protective stance maintained, "Don't push it!"

With that, he walked out and closed the door, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

As the minutes ticked away, I knew I would find a way to attend that party. My desperation was overwhelming; I felt utterly hollow without it.

After my dads bid me goodnight and thought I was asleep, I took a risk. Silently, I changed into my party outfit and made my way out of the window.

As I sprinted toward the party, my heart racing, I was met by the sight of my friends, waiting for me with a cup of beer in hand.

My voice, a mix of gratitude and relief, broke through, "Thanks! My dads almost didn't let me go!"

- - -

What should happen next?