CHAPTER SEVENTY

<MILAN, ITALY> Sunday, July 4 11:00am

<MILAN, ITALY>
Sunday, July 4 11:00am

It has been two weeks since Avery left and two weeks since Aleksander has been here.

Everytime Aleksander tried talking to me I either walked away without saying a word or blew him off.

'He just wants to get in your pants.'

'He just wants an heir.'

'Stay away from him he doesn't want you.'

That's what has been going on in my mind and I can't stop. I mean he chose money over me so why should I.

Walking into the new cafe that opened up last week I spotted Ollie Alex. I walked up to them with a smile.

"Hey" I said sitting down.

"Hey" They both say.

"Nice dress" Ollie said.

"Thank you" I looked down at the ruby red dress I was wearing. It was a silk type. It was a dress that was gonna be in the new collection that's coming out next year.

"What are you doing today?" Alex asked.

"I'm gonna visit Mia" I said.

Everyone knows about Mia in the house. I told Ollie one night when I was breaking down he told me he understood what it felt like because five years ago he was with a girl named Mary and they were getting robbed. The burglars were pointing the gun at him and they missed shooting their son later that month Mary had died from heartbreak her heart stopped.

Now he's gay dating my gay best friend.

"What is a pizza croissant?" Alex asked, looking at the small menu.

"Exactly what it is a pizza croissant" I said.

Alex rolled his eyes, his gaze wandering all over the small menu. I decided to order a pumpkin cheesecake bar and a small smoothie. Ollie ordered a caramel latte and Alex ordered cold brew coffee.

"How can you drink a cold brew?"

"Because it's good"

"No it's fucking nasty" I said taking a bite of my cheesecake.

Alex shrugged while drinking his nasty ass coffee.

A few hours later I was walking in the cemetery. I stopped when I saw a familiar figure. What the hell is Aleksander doing here?

I stood close by hiding behind a tree to see what he does.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you or your mother Mia. I wish I was and I know it's all my fault I bet you're glaring down at me because of what I had done to your mother. I was so stupid to choose money over her."