Chapter 17

It is now Thursday, Thanksgiving, and ever since Lena woke Lori up today, she has clearly seen the excitement written on her daughter's face. Lori is just so excited that she gets to spend the whole day with Kara and her, even if she is still a little shy about meeting Kara's adoptive mom, and her friend Winn. Ultimately though, Lori's excitement has outweighed everything else. She has just told Lena all the games she wants to play, and the fact she wants to sit between her and Kara while they eat their thanksgiving dinner. Then, to top it all off, every time Lena has looked at Lori this morning, the young girl has just had an almost permanent smile on her face. It's just so nice for Lena to see her daughter so visibly happy, and it's kind of infectious, as when Lena has seen Lori smile, she in turn has smiled herself. That is not to say that Lena isn't happy about this situation already. Lena is also very much looking forward to actually getting to have a real thanksgiving, and spend it with Kara at that. However, the one thing that Lena has kind of realised, is now that she and Kara have actually agreed to date at some point, today is a much more important day, because she will be meeting her, sort-of, girlfriend's adoptive mother. So, Lena knows she will certainly have to put her best foot forward. In that regard, Lena has spent quite a lot of time this morning changing her outfits that she should wear, wanting to wear something appropriate, while also looking good, but not overdressing at the same time.

"Mommy, can we go already?" Lori says, with a pout, as she comes running into Lena's bedroom.

Lena chuckles, and rolls her eyes slightly.

"Yes... yes... okay..." Lena says, as she looks herself in her bedroom mirror.

Lena is currently wearing a black blouse type shirt, which has sleeves that come down to her elbow, and looks like it's a bit flowy. Then, the neckline for the bouse is very modest, and is essentially that of a standard t-shirt, Lena deciding that while she would love to show off a hint of her breasts to Kara, she doesn't want to put them on show as Eliza is going to be there. Lena has then completed the look with a maroon pair of trousers, and some black high heels.

"Why have you changed again mommy?" Lori soon asks, with a curious look on her face.

Lena slightly blushes at Lori asking her that.

"I just..... wasn't sure what to wear." Lena says.

"Why does it matter what you wear, mommy?" Lori asks, "As long as you are comfy, it shouldn't matter."

Lena grows a loving smile on her face at Lori saying that to her.

"Yes, you are right, my darling." Lena smiles, "But I am happy with this outfit, although I might put on a touch of red lipstick."

"No, mommy." Lori says, shaking her head.

"No?" Lena asks.

"We are having thankingsgiving dinner at Kara's, you don't need you work look mommy. Your lipstick is your work look." Lori explains, "You look more like mommy without any lipstick."

Lena's heart melts a bit at her daughter saying that to her, it being so cute.

"Okay." Lena smiles, "I guess that means I won't wear any lipstick."

"Yes!" Lori says, "Now, let's go mommy! Kara is waiting for us!"

"Okay, okay." Lena says, with a chuckle.

Lena and Lori then leave their home, and soon get into Lena's driver's car, heading in the direction of Kara's apartment.

***********************

Presently, at Kara's apartment, over the last few hours Kara has been working with Eliza to just get everything ready, and make sure all the food is cooked. Kara wants everything to be perfect, and is actually stressing out about thanksgiving more so than usual. Although, admittedly, most of the cooking has actually been done by Eliza, with the Danvers' matriarch just giving Kara very simple tasks to do, which she can't screw up.