Chapter 39

Kara, Lori, Eliza and Alex all finished their nice sandwiches, that they bought for lunch, about 10 minutes ago. Since finishing, Alex and Kara have been showing Lori the viewing station, and pointing out all sorts of things for her to see, with both Kara and Alex holding Lori up at various times, so she can get a better view over the railings. Eliza, for her part, has just watched on, with a wide smile on her face. Eliza already knows how taken Kara is with Lori, but now she can truly see how taken Alex is with the young girl too. Eliza knows that Lori will make a perfect fit into their family, if Kara and Lena continue to be together, like Eliza hopes they will be. Eliza can see that if Kara and Lena become a permanent couple, and get married one day, not only will Lori gain another mother in Kara, but she will also gain an amazing aunt in Alex, who clearly loves the young girl to bits too. That's not to say Alex isn't already Lori's aunt, it is just not something official yet. Either way, thinking about all this really has put Eliza in a happy mood.

Eventually, Kara, Lori and Alex come walking back over to Eliza, after having finished looking at everything from the viewing platform. Lori is running up towards Eliza, with a happy smile on her face.

"'liza, did you see all the pretty sights?" Lori asks, in a cute and excited voice.

"Yes, I know. I have been up here and look at everything quite a few times now." Eliza smiles back.

"Alex showed me where your house is from here! It's soooooooo far away!" Lori says.

"Yes, it is." Eliza says, with a chuckle, knowing that in reality Alex was probably just placating Lori, as there is no way you can see their house from her. Kara might be able to, but that's it. "I'm glad you have had such a nice time up here Lori. I was a bit concerned you might find it boring."

"Noooooo. I loved it!" Lori says, with a wide smile, "I can't wait to show mommy!"

"What do you mean, Lori?" Eliza asks, in a confused voice, as from what she has been told, Lena will not really be visiting Midvale, she will just be landing, in her plane, briefly, to pick up Lori, Alex, Kara, and Alex's car.

"Kara said that Me and Mommy will have to come up here again! When we do, I can show mommy then!" Lori says, with a wide smile.

"Oh..... well...... I think that sounds like a wonderful idea, Lori." Eliza says.

"Yeah." Lori nods, with a happy smile.

Alex and Kara now join Eliza and Lori, with Lori still having her happy smile on her face.

"Okay, well, are you all ready to walk back down to our car now?" Eliza asks.

"Yeah. I think so." Kara nods.

"Yes." Alex says, "We told Lori that after we leave here, we can go home, and then just take her for a little walk around the lake, by our house, and maybe teach her how to skip rocks. That is, unless you have something else planned, of course?"

"No. I didn't really have anything else planned. I think that sounds like a lovely idea." Eliza smiles.

"Yes! Alex told me rocks can bounce on the water!" Lori exclaims, with a big smile.

"Yeah, they do. That's how you skip rocks. I'm sure Alex and Kara will show you, and teach you how to do it yourself. Alex and Kara spent many hours by that lake, just skipping rocks, so you will enjoy it too." Eliza says.

"Yeah." Lori smiles, happily.

The group now all pack up their things, with Alex putting the backpack back on her back, and then they begin to walk back down the mountain side.

"Kara?" Lori says, after about 10 minutes of walking.

"Yes, Lori?" Kara replies.

"Can you carry me?" Lori asks, in a cute, but tired, voice.