Chapter 31

It is now lunchtime on Thursday, and Kara is just arriving at L-Corp, with a smile on her face, to have lunch with Lena, her girlfriend, and Lena's daughter Lori. Ever since Kara has woken up this morning, she has basically had a permanent smile on her face, as she has been so happy about how her date with Lena went yesterday, and very hopeful for a future that she could have with both Lena and Lori. Kara, of course, has allowed herself to daydream a little bit about what their future may hold. That said, before they can get to any of that, Kara is well aware that she needs to tell Lena about her being Supergirl, which she certainly intends to do. Kara just knows that she has to tell Lena when they can get some alone time together again, which will most likely be on their second date or something. The only problem with that, is Kara doesn't know when their second date can be. Kara doesn't want to constantly take Lena away from Lori in the evenings, and at the same time, Kara doesn't want to continually rely on Alex to watch over Lori, as even though Alex adores the 3-year-old, it is unfair to keep asking that of her sister. So, Kara thinks that maybe on Friday she and Lena can go on a second date, and bring Lori along with them, do something fun together, then go back to Lena's in the evening. Then, once Lori has been put to bed, Kara will sit Lena down, and tell her that she's Supergirl. At least, that is how Kara hopes things will go.

After arriving at L-Corp, Kara soon gets to Lena's office floor, seeing Lena's assistant, Jess, sitting there, with a bright smile on her face.

"Hello, Jess. How are you?" Kara asks, with a smile.

"I'm good thank you, Kara. You can go right on in." Jess says.

"Thanks. This is for you." Kara says, and then proceeds to hand Jess a milkshake.

Right now, Kara is carrying a brown bag of Big Belly Burger food, and a tray of milkshakes. Kara thought that way they could all eat lunch, and spend more time together, rather than having to waste time ordering food, and Kara certainly knows that Lena and Lori like Big Belly Burger.

"Really? For me?" Jess asks, with a surprised expression on her face, as she takes the drink from Kara.

"Of course." Kara smiles, with a nod of her head, "I wanted to do something nice. I would have got you lunch? But I don't know if you are allergic to anything? Like nuts, or something? Not that I think Big Belly Burger has nuts in it. But then I thought, you know what Big Belly Burger also has? Milkshakes?! And who doesn't like milkshakes, am I right?"

"Uhh..... I actually don't like milkshakes." Jess replies.

"What?!" Kara replies, going completely white in the face.

Jess son breaks out into a fit of laughter.

"I'm just teasing, Kara. I like milkshakes. Thank you." Jess smiles.

"Oh.... that..... that's good.... You really scared me there for a minute." Kara says.

"Just having a little fun." Jess smirks, "But don't waste your time with me, I'm sure Lena and Lori will be excited to see you."

"Yes, okay." Kara nods, and then begins to walk towards Lena's office door.

"And thank you again for the milkshake, Kara." Jess calls out.

Kara now enters Lena's office, with the bag of food and milkshakes in hand, and once she does, she sees that Lena is currently sitting at her desk, on her computer, typing away at something, and Lori is nowhere to be seen.

"Oh, hello, Kara." Lena says, with a smile, and stands up from her chair.

As soon as Lena does this, Kara hears a noise from the other room, Lori's playroom, and a few moments later, Lori comes running out of the playroom.