Chapter 35

It is now the middle of the night, and Lori has just woken up, and is very scared. The 3-year-old is scared of being in this new place, and she doesn't want to be alone. So, Lori quickly gets out of bed, leaves the bedroom she is in, and tries to find Kara. The only problem, as she walks through the upstairs hallway and sees all the closed door, with it being dark, she can't remember what door is the one to the room where Kara and Alex are sleeping in. So, Lori starts to try and open doors, but she can't. This starts to make the 3-year-old panic, a lot, with some tears soon rolling down her face.

"Kara...." Lori soon sobs.

"Lori?" A soft voice soon says.

Lori lets out a yelp of surprise, but she soon sees that it's Eliza standing behind her.

"Oh, Lori, don't be scared." Eliza says, as she rushes to Lori's side, and gets down to her knees, taking the young girls in for a hug, "What's the matter sweetie, you don't need to cry."

"I..... I was scared.... and don't want to sleep alone..... and couldn't find Kara." Lori sniffles into Eliza's embrace.

"Oh, sweetie, you don't need to be scared. There is nothing here to be scared of." Eliza says, "But, if you still don't want to sleep alone, I can take you to Kara, and she can come sleep with you. Or, if you like, we can go back to my bedroom, and you can come sleep with me."

Once Eliza finishes speaking, Lori just looks up into Eliza's eyes for a few seconds, parting from their hug a little bit. Eliza, for her part, just reaches to touch Lori's face, and wipe the tears from the 3-year-old's eyes. It honestly hurts Eliza's heart to see Lori upset and scared like this.

"If..... if I sleep with you...... can we cuddle?" Lori asks, with a bit of a sniffle.

"Of course we can, sweetie." Eliza says, with a loving smile.

"Okay." Lori now says, with a nod of her head.

"Good." Eliza smiles, "Now, let's go back to my room."

"I need to go potty first." Lori says.

"That's okay. You can use my bathroom, attached to my room." Eliza says.

Eliza then decides to pick Lori up into her arms, which the 3-year-old seems to be more than happy about, quickly rest her head on one of Eliza's shoulders, and carries her back into her bedroom.

Once Eliza and Lori enter Eliza's bedroom, Eliza takes Lori into her bathroom, and helps her go potty, before the two get into her bed, and under the covers, with Lori very quickly moving to Eliza's side, and cuddling close to her. Eliza responds to this by wrapping her arms around Lori, holding her close, and kissing her in her hair.

"There we go. Sleep well, Lori. You are safe with me." Eliza says.

"Night, night, 'liza." Lori says.

Eliza and Lori now both drift off back to sleep.

****************

At around 6 in the morning, Kara has to get up out of bed to use the bathroom. Once Kara is finished in the bathroom, she decides to go check on Lori, so she heads to the spare room where Lori is sleeping in. However, when Kara gets there, she panics as the door is wide open, and Lori is nowhere to be seen. In this moment, Kara absolutely freaks out, thinking that somehow she lost Lori, Lena's daughter, and Lena will never forgive her for this, and this will ruin everything, with this all being her fault. After a few more moments though, Kara calms herself enough to just use her super hearing to check for the heartbeats in the house. Then, much to Kara's relief, she hears 3 distinct human heartbeats in the house. So, because of this, Kara knows Lori, at least, must still be in the house. Kara then focuses further on her super hearing, and finds one human heartbeat coming from her and Alex's bedroom, which is obviously Alex's. But Kara also finds 2 heartbeats coming from Eliza's bedroom, which really shouldn't be the case. So, with this information, Kara walks to Eliza's bedroom and quietly open the door, poking her head inside. Kara is now met with the beautiful sight of seeing Lori and Eliza sleeping together, cuddled close in Eliza's bed. Upon seeing this, a wave of relief washes over Kara, and she quietly closes the bedroom door, before going back to bed.