Chapter 54

Kara is now laying on her couch, in her living room, sleeping there. Kara knows that most people would feel uneasy sleeping on the couch, while the people that she cares for are in another room, sharing a bed together, that being Lori and Lena in this case, but frankly, Kara is just happy Lena agreed to stay the night, and has agreed to continue their relationship, even if it's at an even slower pace than it already has been. Kara just wants both Lena and Lori to continue to be in her life, and she will do absolutely anything to fight for that, so if that just means, tonight, Kara sleeping on the couch, then she is not only okay, but over the moon with doing that. After all, just like Kara said to Lena, it's not like her sleeping on the couch is the same as a human sleeping on a couch, as she doesn't have the same sort of problems with her back hurting from sleeping rough or anything, and she can always sleep fly, which feels like she is floating on clouds. The only problem with it, is while Kara has done it a few times before, she has also unconsciously stopped doing it in the middle of her sleep, causing her to fall back down to the ground, and wake herself up with a start, which just isn't good.

Right now, it is about 4 in the morning, and Kara is woken up to the sound of movement in her apartment. Kara knows that it is one of Lena or Lori, no intruder or anything, thankfully. Soon, Kara sees the sight of a small figure coming walking into the living room, clearly looking around for something.

"Lori?" Kara calls out, in a sleepy voice.

Lori's head now goes directly to where Kara's voice was coming from, with the 3-year-old walking over to the couch Kara is sleeping on. As Lori approaches Kara, Kara sees the 3-year-old rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"What are you doing awake, Lori?" Kara asks, "It's still the middle of the night."

"I didn't know where you were...... and I got scared....." Lori explains, as she continues to rub her eyes.

"But mommy is here now, and she is sleeping in the bed with you." Kara says.

"I know." Lori nods, "But I still didn't know where you were."

In this moment Kara can't help but wonder if maybe this is coming from Lori's detachment issues with her, after what happened over the last few days, when the two of them didn't get to see one another. So, maybe Lori woke up, didn't really know what was going on, or where she was, and then got upset, not wanting her to suddenly leave and pop out of her life again, like she did the last time. At least, that is how it was from Lori's perspective.

"Oh, baby, come here." Kara says, opening up her arms, all while she still lays on the couch.

Lori doesn't need to be told twice, and quickly goes running over to Kara's side, and gets up onto the couch, lying next to the blonde, with Kara wrapping her arms around Lori, and holding her closely.

"I've just been here. I let you and mommy have the bed, so I am just sleeping on the couch." Kara explains, in a soft voice, "Mommy just got back late, and you were already asleep, and we didn't want to wake you, so that's why mommy didn't just take you home, and put you in your own bed."

"Okay." Lori nods, as Kara continues to hug her.

Kara and Lori continue to lay like this for a little while, with Lori making no move to suggest that she wants Kara to release her from this hug or anything. Kara, for her part, is perfectly happy with this position, even if it's a bit of a squeeze keeping both herself and Lori on this couch.

"Baby, do you want to go get back into bed with mommy?" Kara soon asks, in a soft voice, placing a kiss on one of Lori's cheeks as she says this, "We still have more time to sleep, before you have to go home."

"No.... want to..... stay..... with..... you...." Lori mumbles, tiredly.

"But what about mommy? Don't you want to sleep with her, on a nice comfy bed?" Kara asks.