Curly brown hair

The road to her work had never felt this long. She always loves going to work. Creating dishes for people to enjoy, knowing she can put all her creativity in her food.
Today though it was different. Today she doesn't want to arrive there, because once she gets there she has a talk with her bosses.

The owners of the restaurant Calvin and Wendy are amazing people. They took a huge risk when they hired her. She had just finished her education in culinary arts and she had applied for a job in their new restaurant. She had told them she would take any job they had to offer in the kitchen, all she wanted was a chance to prove herself.

And they hired her, the idea was for her to start at the bottom, but they saw how eager she was and how she sometimes put in suggestions that worked.
So at one point they asked her to prepare a three corse meal for them all by herself. No dishes that were on the menu though. She was free to create whatever she wanted.

She nailed it, she wasn't even nervous because this was what she wanted to do. So she got into the kitchen and for the starter she made duck and orange salad. As a main she made venison with chocolate, figs, turnips and Brussels sprouts. It was an odd combination but it worked amazingly.
Calvin and Wendy were already impressed at this point, she was so young and inexperienced, but she managed to put out dishes that were more Michelin star chefs quality.

Then for dessert she made a buttermilk panacotta with lychee, raspberry and rose. Another bullseye and they offered her the job as chef at the spot. The restaurant became a huge succes and she also trained new chefs, which was very useful when she got pregnant.
Calvin and Wendy weren't too happy that she had to leave for a few months, but they also knew she was the reason their restaurant was so popular.

But now it is different, she doesn't know how long she will have to take time off. How she is going to feel after the surgery and the treatment.
She gets closer and closer to the restaurant and all she wants to do is turn around and go home. Her babies are the only people that can take her mind off of her upcoming surgery.
Mitch said he was going to take Cole and Zara to her parents again, he had somewhere to go.

Stevie really hopes that record deal will come soon, he works hard for it and even though her mom had absolutely no faith in him, she does.
She loves him and he loves her even though he might not always show it, he just has a lot on his mind lately and now with her cancer. It must be really hard for him.

Way too soon she parks her car at the back entrance of the restaurant, with her hands clenched around the steering wheel she somehow manages to muster up all her courage. She grabs her bag, puts her phone and keys in it and walks inside.
It is still early so she can have the conversation without other people there.

None of her colleagues are there yet, it is just Calvin and Wendy. She called them to ask if they were available for a talk and they told her to come in early. They are going through the weekly menu for the next week to see what they need to order.

Stevie walks through the dining hall to the back where the office space is.
When she finds herself standing in front of the door she lifts her hand to knock, somehow her body is holding her back and she can't move her hand.
"Come on Steevs, it's just Calvin and Wendy. Stop being such a chicken."

A couple of deep breaths later and she manages to knock on the mahogany wooden door.
"Come in!" Calvin shouts.
She places her hand on the door knob, slowly turning it.
The door opens and inside Wendy is sitting behind her desk while Calvin is in his arm chair, his note pad on his lap.

"Good afternoon Stevie, to what do we owe this pleasure. You're not going to tell us your pregnant again right? I mean Zara is only 3 months." Calvin jokes, but Stevie doesn't really think he's funny. If only she was pregnant. That would be a whole lot better than what is going on now.
Stevie gives him a nervous smile and shakes her head.
"No that's not it. Is it ok if I sit down?" She asks.