Starry nights

"Happy new year baby." Daniel says before giving Stevie a kiss that takes her breath away
They are having a little new years party at Daniel's home in Perth, the kids are already sleeping and everybody is outside to enjoy the warm night.

There's no noise, no fireworks, nothing that shows it's new years. But it's the best new years evening Stevie has ever had.
To be fair, every day she has been here has been amazing.

This place, the people, it's everything she could have hoped for. She already had an amazing family, but now it has expanded.
Since that morning she explained everything to Grace, their relationship has grown and she could tell Daniel's mom was opening up to her.

This became even more obvious during their Christmas dinner preparations. They were working together as if they had done it the years before as well.
They had discussed the menu and both knew that their jobs were.

Together they put together a delicious dinner which was applauded by all the guests.
Stevie could tell how happy Daniel was about his mother and his girlfriend being able to work together like that.

He was so worried that his mom would stay a bit careful around Stevie, but Stevie's charm and honesty worked its magic and there hasn't been any tension between them at all.
His sister was also immediately charmed by Stephanie, they connected and even though his sister is much older, it didn't matter.

They had plenty to talk about when it came to their kids and Michelle also felt it would be funny to tell Stevie some embarrassing things about Daniel as a child.

Like the time he accidentally ate rabbit poop because he thought they were little chocolates.
He could tell Stevie was struggling not to laugh and she looked way too sexy as she was biting her lip to stop herself from laughing.

It definitely made Christmas dinner relaxed and a lot of fun. With Joe and Peter bonding for life, Grace and Trudy sharing stories about Stephanie and Daniel when they were growing up. Luckily these stories weren't embarrassing. It was more two moms being extremely proud of their kids.

Isaac and Isabella had fun with Cole and Isabella loved Zara. For her is was like a living doll and she wouldn't leave the baby's side.

And now it's new year and Daniel's lips are on Stevie's as they celebrate the start of 2023. A new year, with Daniel ready to fight for the championship. Stevie looking forward to traveling even more with her kids and Daniel of course. Last season she only joined the team for the last couple of races, this year she will be there for all of them.

"Ok guys enough of the smooching. Now it's our turn." Michael interrupts them.
Daniel is about to hug his friend when Michael turns to Stevie and wraps his arms around her.
"Mike what the hell.." Daniel protests.
"Sorry mate, the pretty ones first." Micheal jokes before letting Stevie go and turning to Daniel to hug his long time friend.

One by one everybody wishes each other a happy new year.
They drink beer, wine and cocktails, eat a lot of food and just enjoy being together with friends and family.
If this night is a little insight on how the year will be, it will be perfect.

A bit later when some people have left to go home, Stevie takes a moment to have a bit of quiet around her.
While the friends who stayed are at the back of the house, she decides to take a breather on the front porch.

Daniel watches her leave and wants to follow her, but Peter holds him back.
"Let her, she needs a moment alone."
"But what if something is wrong? I don't want her to be sad all by herself." Daniel looks worried, not sure why Stevie would walk away.

"She is not sad. She's just not used to this." Peter leads Daniel to a bench and gestures for him to sit down.
He then sits down next to Daniel and takes a breath.