Scarred for life

"Breakfast for Miss Dawson. Good morning Stephanie, how did you sleep?" A nurse Stephanie hasn't seen yet comes in carrying a tray of food for her.

"I slept ok, I woke up a few times when I wanted to turn on my sides because that didn't feel too good, other than that it wasn't too bad."

It's the day after the surgery and Stevie feels alright. She still feels like she's been run over by a truck and her breasts are a bit sore, but the pain meds she's been getting are still doing their work, so it's manageable.

Her mother came over later in the afternoon, which was a good time for Mitch to get something to eat.
He left not long after that so she could rest. He is not allowed to stay during the night, not that he wanted to. He told her he doesn't really like hospitals, but who does?

When both her mom and Mitch left, she watched the Spa race on her phone. According to her father, Spa is a race that's never boring.
One moment the sun is shining and the next there can be a downpour of rain.
So to kill the time she decided to watch it. Her dad was right, it was very exciting. Parts of the race was wet and then it was dry again.

She knew that the two drivers she saw the other night, Sebastian Vettel and Daniel Ricciardo, were both driving for Red Bull Racing and they were the team to beat this year.
Sebastian and Daniel were fighting for the top step of the podium and in the end Sebastian took that first place.

She enjoyed the whole podium ceremony but was a bit shocked when she saw Daniel take off his shoe, fill it with champagne and almost force Sebastian to drink from it.
According to the commentators, this was a typical Daniel thing to do and they called it a shoey. Apparently he does that when he wins and when his team mate wins as well.

It seems kind of gross, but also pretty funny. Daniel was folded double from laughing so hard when Sebastian gagged while he took a sip from the shoe.
Stevie couldn't remember ever seeing anybody with such a wide, beautiful smile as that Daniel Ricciardo.

He seems so outgoing and enjoying his life to the fullest. Sebastian seems a bit more serious, but still when he smiles his blue eyes sparkle and he seems like such a nice guy. And don't forget, absolutely gorgeous.

Red Bull really has two opposites driving for them. There is the blonde, blue eyed, German god Sebastian. And there is the brown haired, brown eyes, Australian, perfect man Daniel.
One seems to take life a bit more serious, while the other one just seems to joke around and enjoy life as much as he can.

Watching the race and everything around it made her even more determined to take her father to a race next year. It seems like such an amazing atmosphere, the fans stayed till the bitter end even when it rained.
She wants to experience that, together with her dad, so she can thank him for everything he always does for her.

Eventually she felt her eyes get heavy and she fell asleep. But with every turn she felt the soreness of her chest and at some points the stitches pulled a bit, so she was afraid to move.

Before getting ready for the night she was able to get out of bed to get herself to the toilet.
She needed some support from the nurse, but she made it to the bathroom.
When she looked in the mirror it was as if she was just wearing a really tight sports bra, her breasts didn't even seem that much smaller, but that could also be because of the dressings that were in there.

Today they will change those and she is afraid of what she will see under there. How big will the wounds be? Will they stay visible for the rest of her life?
Not that it really matters, the operation needed to be done and with operations you get scars.
Rather that than not seeing her kids grow up.