It's time for family

"I did not expect it to be cooler here than in Europe." Stevie tells Daniel after they arrive in Perth.
"I know, usually in July it's about 20 degrees on average. But that's because it's not summer here right now." Daniel explains.
"Yeah I still find that so strange. But I guess that's what you get for being on the other side of the world."

They had a very long flight with a stop in Dubai. It's a good thing the kids are used to flying by now and the cabin crew always makes an effort to provide entertainment for them. But that doesn't mean they get through the flight without making a fuss or getting grumpy.
Luckily both Stevie and Daniel were able to keep their calm and they were a real team making sure the four of them got through the flight without massive tantrums or nervous breakdowns.

Stevie is incredibly proud of her kids and how they behave most of the times, but they are still little kids with their own personalities and they aren't puppets who just do what she or Daniel ask of them. Luckily the flights usually aren't as long as the ones to Daniel's home and they will stay here for pretty much the entire summer break.

Cole was looking forward to going back. He wants to see the animals and he has been begging Daniel to take him on a dirt bike.
He turned three while they were in Hungary a couple of days ago and he didn't have a big party yet, but he will while they are in Perth. This way Daniel's family can be there and of course Trudy, Peter, Melissa, Seb, Tina and Charles will also come to celebrate his birthday and then a few days later Daniel and Stevie will get married.

The others will come in a day or two, giving Stevie and Daniel some time to spend with Joe and Grace before all the guests arrive. This wedding will be small, just both families and closest friends, including Michael and Blake. They may decide to have a bigger wedding at some point, but Stevie wouldn't mind leaving it at this one.

They head over to get their luggage and once they have that they can get through customs to the arrivals hall where Grace and Joe are supposed to be waiting. They came with two cars so Stevie and Daniel can take one back to the farm while Joe and Grace go to the shop to get some groceries for tonight's dinner.

As soon as Cole sees his grandparents he runs ahead. Joe manages to catch him in time before he gets bodyslammed by a three year old.
Stevie puts Zara on the floor so she can walk to her grandparents on her own.
"Oh my god you smart girl! Look at you!" Grace gushes over the toddler.
Zara walks straight into her arms and Grace holds her against her as she picks her up.

It has been a while since they last saw the kids in real life and they both have grown so much over that period of time. They are thrilled to have them around for about three weeks, it gives them some time to catch up and form an even stronger bond with the two little ones.

Stevie looks at the kids who are clinging to Grace and Joe like little monkeys. They see each other over FaceTime every other day, so they know them very well, but it's still different to be with them in person again.

She's glad they reacted like this, she can only imagine how amazing it must feel for Daniel's parents to have this relationship with their newest grandkids.

"I definitely know I dropped a couple of places on the list for my parents." Daniel grins standing next to Stevie.
"I know. As soon as Cole was born I was no longer my parents number one. But I happily give up that position for our kids though. They need grandparents who love them."

"Well they have two sets of them now. Come on let's get to the cars. You look a bit pale." He can tell Stevie is exhausted. She didn't sleep much during the flight, apparently the baby has been pretty active while they were in the air. She is now 18 weeks pregnant and she feels the baby move a lot. He hasn't been able to feel it yet, but he knows his moment will come soon.