Melissa and Seb

When Melissa and Tina come back from grocery shopping they arrive back in a tense vibe hanging in the house.
Stevie is sitting on the couch, white as a ghost with Daniel holding her.
They can tell she has been crying and she looks like a mess.

Outside they find Seb with Zara in his arms and Charles who is playing with Cole. But still everybody seems more quiet than when they left.
"You guys look like somebody died. What is going on?" Melissa asks and she sees Seb swallow.

"Seb? What's the matter? Did somebody actually die?"
Sometimes she could just stuff her fist in her mouth, she can say things without thinking first.
But then she sees Seb shake his head.
"No, nobody died. We just had a bit of a scary moment when Cole fell in the pool."

"What? How did that happen? Stevie watches her kids like a hawk." Melissa has seen what an amazing mother Stevie is, never leaving her kids out of her sight unless they are with somebody she trusts.

"Zara woke up, so she took Cole upstairs with her, then she had to change her nappy and Cole took that opportunity to sneak away and go back to the pool. He fell in but we were just coming back so we saw him fall. Daniel jumped in and got him out within seconds. Stevie was already downstairs, so Cole barely had time to get wet, but Stevie is very shaken up and blames herself." Seb brings both women up to date.

"Oh my god poor Stevie. She must have been so scared." Tina immediately feels for her friend who is supposed to be her boss, but it never feels like that.
"Yeah she feels horrible, but Daniel is there for her so let's hope she will be ok soon." Charles says holding his girlfriend who also seems startled.

He knows how much she loves Cole and Zara and to be honest so does he. He has been spending some time with them and they are amazing. But he has always loved kids and at some point he would want to be a father himself.

Seb and Charles take care of the barbecue that night. Stevie and Daniel join them, but Stevie is still very quiet even though everybody tries to include her in their conversations.
She goes upstairs early and Daniel follows her about an hour later. She said she wanted to be alone for a bit so he respected that.

When he comes up she is not in the bedroom or in the bathroom.
Zara is sleeping in the cot so he goes to search for her, even though he can imagine where she might be.

When he opens the door to the room Cole is sleeping in he sees her on the floor with her upper body resting in the mattress next to Cole.
She has fallen asleep in this position, but he can't imagine it being very comfortable.

He walks in the room and when he comes closer he can see the dried up tears on her face. He sighs, hoping she will stop blaming herself, it wasn't her fault at all, if it was anybody's fault it was his for not having fences around the pool. That's something he will take care of first thing tomorrow morning.

He will call a company to place fences around his pool with locks so this can't happen again.
But first he has to get Stevie to bed so she can sleep without waking up with an aching body tomorrow.

Very careful he puts his arms under her knees and behind her shoulder and lifts her up. She sighs and mumbles a bit.
"So sorry Cole." He can hear her say and he gives her a kiss on her hair.
"Cole is fine baby. You sleep now."
She relaxes in his arms and after tucking her in bed he quickly gets himself ready and climbs in with her.

She immediately moves closer to him, as if she needs his embrace now more than ever. He is happy to oblige, so he pulls her close placing soft kisses on her temples.
"Everything is ok baby. I've got you." He whispers. She is fast asleep now but snuggles even closer.
"I love you Stevie." He sighs before falling asleep himself.