He's one of the good ones

Before I start this chapter I want to thank everybody for getting me to 10000 in such a short time. You are all so sweet! Lets hope you'll enjoy the rest of the story just as much. It's only just beginning.

Daniel feels like he's floating on air when he walks into the Red Bull home base in Milton Keynes the next morning.

After sleeping with Stevie in his arms the entire night, he woke up with her legs entangled in his, her arm was still draped over his chest and she was sleeping like an angel, her head resting in the crook of his neck.

This is how he hopes he will wake up a lot in the future. With this sweet woman in his arms, feeling her warm breath on his skin and her long hair tickling his nose.

And then when they were just waking up and about to give each other a kiss, the door opened and Cole came barging in.
It was so awesome to see how happy that boy was when he saw Daniel was still there. For him it was just mommy and Daniel having a sleepover, but he was ecstatic to see his friend when he woke up.

Then Stevie went to get Zara, her mom already gave her a bottle earlier, so she took the girl to bed with them and the four of them just had a great time. It was as if he was already a part of their family, as if he always had been.

During breakfast he could tell Peter was beaming, he is sure that if he would ever ask Peter for Stephanies hand he would get his blessing without a hesitation.
Trudy was looking just as pleased as Peter, she was just a bit more subtle about it.

When it was time to leave Stevie followed him into the hallway.
"So will I see you again today?" He asks her.
"If you want you can come back after you're done working." Stevie suggests, secretly squealing on the inside by the fact that he wants to come back.

"I would love that. I'd better get going, Seb is the one who is always late. I don't want to steal his thunder."
"Say hi to Seb from me. I'll see you later then."
Of course he doesn't leave without kissing her properly, but when he does finally get into his car he feels like he is on cloud nine.

And now as he walks into the home base he still feels like that.
He has a silly grin plastered on his face, his stomach is filled with butterflies and he can't wait to go back to Stevie and her family.

"Daniel! Dan wait up!" The voice of his German team mate comes from behind him.
He stops and waits for Seb to catch up.
"Good morning Seb! What a beautiful day don't you think?" He asks Seb cheerfully.

"Did you get laid last night? You are way to happy for a day on the simulator." Seb asks him, checking out his face thoroughly.
"No I did not actually. But isn't it the best day though?"

Daniel wants to continue walking but Seb steps in front of him.
"Ok spill the beans Dan. I know you are a happy guy, but this is a lot even for you."
"I'm not going to kiss and tell Seb. But I didn't get laid."

He starts to walk again and this time Seb stays besides him.
"Ok but you did kiss somebody? But the only woman you are interested in is Stevie."
The penny drops.
"Fuuuck dude you kissed Stephanie?!"
Daniel nods.

"You lucky bastard! So.. tell me more. How did this happen?"
Seb is stoked for his friend, he knew how much Daniel fancied Stevie, but that he would already be kissing her, that he didn't see coming.

"I gave her and Cole a tour the day before yesterday and she invited me over for the next day. So I went there, had an amazing day, helped prepare dinner, got the kids ready for bed and then we had a really pleasant night with some wine."