The office

"The car looks nice. I just don't have enough technical knowledge to see what they changed about it." Stevie laughs after Daniel and Seb pulled the black cover off their 2023 car.
"Me neither, Seb tried to explain some things to me, but my brain just won't register what he means. I just have no idea what he's talking about."

Both women are standing with a non alcoholic drink in their hands, Stevie decided she would be the designated driver today so Daniel could have a beer or two if he wants.

In her purse she hears her phone beep so she quickly checks it.
A wide smile appears when she reads the text she received.
"What are you smiling about? Is that your other lover texting?" Melissa jokes.
"As if I need one. Daniel keeps me way too occupied for me to be needing another lover." Stevie replies.

"No it was Tina. She is having a guest staying over tonight and she was checking if we were ok with that."
"A guest?"
Melissa puts her empty glass on a tray one of the waiters is walking around with.
"Yeah Charles arrived just when we were leaving. Tina suffered some harassment while she was in Maranello and she was not sure if she should break up with Charles because of it."

"What?! Of course she shouldn't. God I hate people sometimes." Melissa growls.
"Not all people. I mean I love Seb and I of course adore you and Daniel as well and Tina, she is so sweet. But really, most people are just dickheads."

"I know right? I sometimes feel like a coward though. I just don't have social media anymore so I don't have to face anything that's been said on there. Although I deleted it before me and Daniel became friends. When I saw Tiffany sucking Mitch's face on insta I just deactivated everything. Now I don't want to get back on it just because I don't know if I would be strong enough to deal with all the crap." Stevie watches Daniel and Seb on stage as they walk around the car looking at the differences they can spot.

"I can't blame you. I've seen some things, but I try to ignore it. Except for when Sebs ex was a bitch, that was really painful. But they have a history together. Those people online are strangers so it doesn't affect me as much." Melissa is glad Seb was able to get through to her then, those things Denise told her were really painful, playing on her insecurities. But the way Seb showed her how much he loved and desired her that night, several times, was enough to erase whatever Denise said to her.

"I'm sure people will say that I'm just looking for a sugar daddy to help provide for my kids. As if I can't do that on my own, I never needed Mitch to help me out and now I make even more so I don't need Daniel's money at all."
It's frustrating to know that it's so easy for people to judge about somebody they don't know anything about. But that's how things go and that's why Stevie just doesn't want to be confronted with it all the time.

"I know, imagine that in 2023 women actually provide for their own kids, even if they are together with a rich man. You'd think we still lived in the nineteen fifties or something."
Both women watch their men as they are being interviewed about their first impression of the car.

"I thought these launches would be exciting, but it's pretty boring isn't it?" Melissa asks Stevie, who can't help herself as she starts to laugh.
"I was afraid Christian would ask me to work tonight, but I wouldn't really mind working now." Stevie doesn't really want to work, but she didn't expect this launch to be so boring.

"Maybe we can help out in the kitchen?" Melissa grins.
"Absolutely not, the two of you aren't allowed in the kitchen."
Christian just walked by as he got off stage to go to the next interview.

"Well that eliminates that option." Melissa laughs.
Again Stevie's phone beeps in her purse, so she quickly checks it to see if it is Tina about the kids or maybe her parents about her dad.