Don't let them get to you

"Should I curl your hair a bit, or just make some soft waves? That would look amazing." Tina stands behind Stevie who is already dressed in her black cocktail dress.
She is now deciding on how to get her hair and make up done.
Luckily Tina is back from Maranello, so she has some help to get ready in time.

"Yeah that sounds good. It's something different than a braid or ponytail for once."
She looks at Tine through the mirror.
The Slovenian young woman has been a bit quiet since she got back from Maranello, but she hasn't really talked about how it was. Stevie decides this is the perfect time to ask her about it. Daniel is looking after the kids downstairs, so there won't be any interruptions.

"So how were things in Italy? The car launch looked pretty cool." She asks Tina who has started to work on her hair.
It's obvious that something happened while she was there, because as soon as Stevie asks her about it her face drops and her smile disappears.

"Oh eh, yeah it was fine. The car looks good." Tina answers, not giving anything away.

"Tina we are friends right?" Stevie asks her.
Tina nods, "yeah we are, why?"
"Because I know something is up. What happened while you were there? Did Charles do something to hurt you?"
If it was Charles, Stevie won't hesitate to have a little chat with him, it won't be the nicest chat, but he will hear exactly how she feels about him.
If it was him of course.

"Oh no Charles was amazing. He is really a great guy. It's just... it's not important." Tina shakes her head.
"It is, because something made you feel bad and I would like to know what. You know you can talk to me."

She hears her friend sigh behind her.
"Ok fine.
Everything was great. We spent a night in Monaco before driving to Italy. Charles bought me a beautiful bracelet with rubies in it to match the red of the car. The launch was great, everybody was so nice and they are all looking forward to the new season."

"That sounds amazing so far. So what happened?" Stevie is glad Charles isn't the reason Tina is sad. They are a really cute couple and they fit so well together.

"I had a headache so I told Charles I was going back to the hotel. He wanted to come with me, but he had to stay to do some photoshoots and interviews. I was fine with that, it's his job and I knew that when we started dating. So I told him it was ok, there was a car waiting in front of the venue to take me back to the hotel and he would come as soon as he was done."

Of course Stevie understands that. She knows that Daniel won't always be there with her because his job is very demanding, but that's also fine for her, she knew that and she is very capable of taking care of herself.

"When I walked out of the venue there were of course a lot of people standing outside waiting for Charles and Carlos to come out, but it was just me." Tina laughs without any joy in it.
"As soon as I stepped outside they were throwing insults at me, calling me a slut, unworthy of Charles, that I was a gold digger and he would soon realize I was wrong for him."

Stevie is shocked, even though she knows how brutal 'fans' can be. Hearing how mean people were towards Tina fills her with rage.
"What?! How dare they! What did Charles say?"
"I haven't told him. He doesn't need that before the season starts. He has other things to worry about."
She can feel Tina's hands tremble as she picks up a strand if hair to wrap around the curling iron.

Tina loves doing Stevie's hair, it's super long and soft. The deep black is something to be jealous off, her hair is just brown and she thinks it's boring. Although Charles seems to love it.
But as she is making sure Stevie's hair will look perfect for tonight, it's easier to talk about what happened in Maranello. It really hurt her.