Birthday flutters

"Happy birthday daddy!" Cole comes running in the master bedroom of the apartment they are staying in. They are in Austria for Red Bulls home race and it's Daniel's birthday. He is turning 34 today and the kids, especially Cole, have been super excited to be able to celebrate today with him.

Daniel groans as he slowly opens his eyes, the sunlight that is peeking through the tiny slit between the curtains feels like it's too bright, but he forces himself to wake up. His son is bouncing around through the room just before he jumps on the bed.

"Daddy wake up!! It's your birthday!" Cole shouts, his little face very close to Daniel's ear.
Pretending to still be sleeping, Daniel pulls the covers over his head which causes Cole to giggle and start a tug war over the covers.

"You might as well give up birthday boy. He's not going to stop until you open your eyes." The gentle and amused voice of Daniel's gorgeous fiancé reaches him through the covers that he still has pulled over his head.
He was already missing her next to him. He felt the empty spot next to him when he stretched his arm to hold her.

He loosens his grip over the cover so Cole is able to 'win' this battle. The little boy lets out a triumphant cheer when he falls back on the bed.
"Good morning handsome. Happy birthday." Stevie is standing next to the bed with a tray filled with breakfast for him. It's not only his birthday, it's the Saturday which means today they have the sprint shootout and the sprint race.

They only had one practice run yesterday which went well and then the qualified for the feature race on Sunday. Daniel managed to put himself on pole for the Sunday race. It would be great if he could win both the sprint as the race tomorrow as it's his birthday weekend. But for him, this being woken up by his son, his soon to be wife preparing breakfast for him and his little girl waddling around in the bedroom, is all he needs to have an amazing birthday.

He looks at Stevie as she puts the tray of food on the nightstand, when she stands up straight again he sees her small baby bump. She is now almost 15 weeks and she only just starting showing a bit.
She is wearing some leggings and a tank top which hugs her body. The small bump is the most beautiful thing he has ever seen. It shows him that their baby is growing and doing well in there.

She hasn't felt the baby kick yet, but she told him it could be any day now, it will take a bit longer for him to be able to feel it from the outside, but that is also a moment he is very much looking forward to.

"Good morning my beautiful wifey." He grins as she puts her hands on her hips.
"Not yet mister. Five more weeks and then we'll be married."
"I can't wait for those five weeks to be over. I want to put that ring on your finger and call you my wife already."

Now the day of their wedding is coming closer, time seems to go slower. But at least they don't have to wait until New Year's. By that time they will probably have a newborn and won't be getting much sleep at all. He knows it will be worth it though. It's not going to be easy, but he won't complain if he has to get up to change their babies nappy or get him or her to Stevie so she can feed the baby.

She wants to try to breastfeed again. According to the doctors she should be able to, but it's a matter of wait and see how things will go. If not this baby will be fine on formula just like Zara after Stevie had her surgery.

His eyes wander over Stevie's body, her breasts have gotten fuller which he doesn't mind, but her belly is what he loves even more now. He never thought he could fall in love with her more than he already had, but every day he seems to love her more than the day before.

"Are you hungry handsome?" She asks him as he sits up with his pillows in his back.
"Starving. And not just for food." He smirks and she rolls her eyes. If it wasn't for Cole and Zara he would have gotten lucky, but both their kids are in the room. He will just have to wait until tonight. Besides he has a sprint race to win today, so he should save his energy a bit.