More than a couple of weeks

When Daniel comes out of the shower, freshened up and with clean teeth, he finds Stevie fast asleep on the bed.
He smiles, happy that she was finally able to relax enough to sleep. They both napped a bit while she had Rose bundled up against her, but that was only a short nap and Stevie was still on high alert as she was holding Rose.

Now he can see her face is relaxed, her breathing is deep and regular. She is really sleeping. He should do the same, but his mind is still going 200 miles an hour. Christian tried to be as helpful as he could, but he was very clear that he needed Daniel on that track this weekend. Not so much because they need his points for the constructors championship, because they already have it. But Christian knows how badly Daniel wanted to be a champion himself this year.

Daniel thinks he wouldn't regret it if he didn't win it because he stayed with Rose and Stevie, but Christian felt he would. Maybe not straight away, but in a couple of years he probably would.
It's never sure if the next season will go just as well, maybe the other teams will be much better and this is Daniel's only chance.

For Daniel it's not even sure if he will race next year. Now with Rose here and him having to leave when she is still in hospital, he isn't sure if his racing career is worth it. His family is way more important and especially if he wins that championship this year, why would he bother racing again next year?

It's just not a decision he should make now, when he is exhausted and filled with emotions. He will have to talk about it with Stevie first, but now is not the time. They have to much things to worry about right now and his career is not one of them.

After getting dressed he realizes that somebody has put an extra bed in the room. How he didn't even see it before he doesn't know, probably because he barely notices his surroundings.
He decides to have a quick lie down, just to take a breather, but they will need to eat soon, so he should make sure to get some food.

When he flops on the bed he finds a menu which says they bring food up to the rooms if needed. This place almost feels like a hotel, it even has room service.
He will look at it after he has had a bit of shut eye. Just for a couple of minutes, he thinks when he feels his eyes close.

~~~~~~~~
"Holy shit we've got a new granddaughter. Did you see how small she is?" Joe is wide awake after hearing the news of Rose's birth.
"I know. She is the tiniest little baby I've ever seen. Poor Stevie must have been so scared. And Daniel, the first time he is there for a birth and it's eight weeks early. Do you think Peter and Trudy know yet?" Grace is wondering.

"I think they will. They were probably the first ones Stevie wanted to call." Joe simply confirms.
"Yeah I guess." Grace sounds a bit timide and Joe already knows why.
"Dear, you know they had a crazy night and morning. If they had the opportunity to call us sooner they would have. When Michelle was giving birth she called us way before she called her in-laws and those were just regular births with full term babies."

He knows she feels a bit left out that they didn't hear anything sooner, but he also knows her well enough that once she's had a moment to think about it she will understand.
"I know, I know. I'm just glad everybody is doing well. Do you think we should get tickets to Austin or should we go straight to Mexico?" She asks him.

"Lets try to call Peter and Trudy to see if they are heading that way. I'm sure they are going to Austin to help Tina with the kids. So maybe it would be too much if we also show up there."
Joe suggests.

They soon find out Trudy and Peter are in Austin and will stay there as long as they have to.
Then they decide to head to Austin first to see if there's anything they can do there to help. They find a flight that leaves the next morning so they both decide they should get packing, both too awake to sleep anyways.