Lightning strikes

"Dad! They are driving on the other side of the road here. You have driven on the main land before right?!" Stevie grabs the door handle when they get off the boat that took them across the Channel.

They just arrived in Hoek van Holland and are now going to drive to Zandvoort. According to their GPS it's a little over an hour drive from where they are now.

Because apparently Zandvoort is barely accessible during race weekends they received a card to put behind the window which shows that they have been invited by Red Bull so they are allowed to enter Zandvoort. People without that are supposed to go there by train or bike.

The team even booked two hotel rooms for them in a hotel across the street from the circuit. So they literally took care of everything to make sure Stephanie would come to meet Christian.
He must've really enjoyed her food if he is making such an effort to get her there.

"I have driven on this side of the road before. We went on plenty of holidays in France and Spain remember?" Her dad sounds almost insulted that she dared to doubt his driving skills.

"Right yeah I forgot. That was quite a long time ago though. I haven't left the UK for at least five years. So you can't blame me for being a bit nervous." She says looking out the window.

She still feels a bit guilty for leaving Cole and Zara, but at the same time she is so excited to be here with the prospect of experiencing the race weekend for the first time.

"You know I was thinking. That hotel we are staying in is literally across the street of the circuit right?" Her dad asks as he makes his way through the cars on the highway.
"Yeah what about it?"
"Then there will be drivers in that hotel as well. I'm sure they will put those guys in hotels as close to the track as possible. We might be having breakfast with Lando Norris or Sebastian Vettel tomorrow."

Or Daniel Ricciardo, she thinks by herself.
"Dad do you realize you sound like some fan girl simping over those drivers. Promise me you won't bother them when they are eating. Just leave them alone and admire them from a distance."
She would hate it if people came up to her when she was just having some time for herself. Those drivers already have zero privacy, she won't let her dad interfere with their private time while they are there.

"I swear I'll leave them alone. But when they are in the paddock I can ask for a picture right?"
"I think in the paddock you won't be the only one chasing them for pictures." She smiles when she thinks about her dad chasing down Lewis for a picture.
"True, but I'm bigger, so I'll just push them away."

At a gas station they stop for some coffee and snacks before getting back on the road for the last half an hour to Zandvoort.

Once they get there they are stopped by some traffic control guy who checks their passes and the card they have in the car.
He lets them through and they drive through the small town of Zandvoort.

"It's so much smaller here than I expected. Where are they going to leave all those people that come for the race?" Stevie wonders. She thought races were only held in big cities or places where they had a lot of space surrounding the circuits.

"I guess that's why they want people to come by train or bike. There's no way they have enough parking space here for all those visitors." Her dad says as he manages to find the hotel and he even finds a spot at the parking garage underneath the building.

"Let's check in first and then maybe we can stretch our legs on the beach for a short walk if you feel up for it?" He asks her.
"I'd love that and yes I feel up for it. I feel fine dad. Stop worrying about me."

Shape of you (Daniel Ricciardo)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें