The first

"So Trudy, did Stephanie get her amazing cooking talent from you?" Daniel asks as he is enjoying an Asian beef with noodle salad.
He laughs when he sees Cole slurp a long noodle into his mouth.

"I can cook a nice meal, but not like my daughter. She has been interested in being in the kitchen since she was a little girl and she always wanted to help me prepare dinner. She's just a lot more creative than I ever was." Trudy tells him.

Peter smiles, "I remember one time Stevie wanted to make a cake all by herself, she must have been about 9 or 10. So she found a recipe in one of Trudy's cookbooks and made the batter. I helped her put it in the oven and it looked amazing when it was done."
Daniel looks at Stephanie who seems to get red when she hears what memory her father is talking about.

"So she decorated it with icing and some sprinkles and stuff and then we of course wanted to try it. The taste was fine, but there were a lot of crunchy bits and pieces in it. I thought it was the sprinkles at first. Until Trudy looked into her slice and found pieces of eggshell in the cake." Peter starts to laugh.

"The recipe said to put a certain amount of eggs in it so I put the entire egg in. Not realizing I had to crack them and chuck the shells away." Stevie finishes the story, making Daniel chuckle.

"Well you were really young. I couldn't bake a cake at that age. But I was more interested in go karting and dirt bikes." Daniel says.
"So it's always been a need for speed then?" Peter asks him.

"Yeah as a kid I couldn't really sit still at all, I was always doing something and getting myself in trouble. Climbing trees, making my own ramps to go off with my bike. I'm sure my parents aged a bit faster when I was a kid. And then I got my first go kart and I knew that's what I wanted to do. I wanted to race."
He gives them a bit of insight into his youth.

Cole forgets how to eat when he hears Daniel talk about go karts and going off ramps with his bike. Stevie can already tell that her son would love nothing more than to do that as well.

"And you had to leave your family behind at quite a young age to move to Europe right? That must have been hard for them and you."
Trudy found it quite difficult to not have Stevie and the kids around that weekend when she was in Monza and she knows it will only become longer periods now the last half of the season has started and they are heading a lot further away.

She still supports her daughter though. This was the right thing to do for her. And it seems it's already paying off. Stevie looks happier, she hasn't even mentioned Mitch the entire time she has been back. All she talks about is Daniel and Sebastian. But a lot more about Daniel that's very obvious.

"It was. I definitely was homesick sometimes, but I had one goal and that was to get into F1. So I knew I had to make sacrifices to get there. And in the end it was worth it. I got where I wanted to go and I'm doing quite well." He takes another bite of the delicious salad.

"You're doing more than quite well. You're fighting for the championship. You could become champion this year. That's pretty freaking awesome." Peter says with admiration in his voice.

"Are you able to go home every now and then?" Trudy can understand how Daniel's mom must feel like, only seeing her son on tv most of the year.
"I'm always in Perth for winter break. Christmas is something I will always celebrate with my family."

Stevie realizes once the season is over she won't see Daniel until he's back for the car reveal and pre season testing. She will probably not see him for at least two months.

Of course she is being silly, but she already knows she will miss him a lot during that time. With him being across the globe spending time with his family he won't have time to talk to her. And he has every right to, it's his family and he barely sees them. She's just a friend and hasn't been a friend for that long yet. So she can't expect him to call her while he's out there.