New paths

"Stephanie would you like some lunch darling?" Her mother calls from downstairs.
Stevie has been having a rough day, she came home from hospital about a week ago and physically she is healing very well. Her stitches are now removed and she can wear the sports bras she bought herself.

Every day her body heals, but her heart hasn't been healing much yet.
Mitch his betrayal took a toll on her. There's a gaping hole where her heart used to be and even though in her head she knows he doesn't even deserve her crying over him, she can't help herself.

It's not the man she is crying about, it's the life she thought she would have. All she ever wanted was to grow old with a man she loves and their kids. To watch their kids grow into adults and start their own families.
All she wanted was a life and love like her parents have. But now that is all just a stupid dream.

She's a single mother of two, scarred and unable to ever trust men again. Mitch definitely destroyed that for her. Maybe she was stupid and she should have seen it sooner. But she was so blinded by her love and her dream for her family that she couldn't, or didn't want to see it.

There's just no way she will ever put her heart on the line like that. The pain of her life falling apart is too much and she doesn't want to go through that again.
So it's better to just focus on Cole and Zara and forget about finding love again. It's not worth it.

Besides, who would want her now? Her breasts are mutilated and ugly. She would never feel comfortable enough to show her body to other men anyways. They will probably feel the same as Mitch did. That her breasts are fucked up and hideous. So she will just spare herself that pain as well.

From now on it's just her and her kids. Mitch hasn't called or texted at all. He hasn't asked about Cole or Zara once since her father kicked him out of the hospital on that Tuesday where he broke her heart. That was almost two weeks ago and she has no idea where he is.

She doesn't want to know, there's nothing he could do to make it better and seeing him would only hurt her more.
He did listen to her father, when Peter went to the house two hours later, Mitch took all his stuff with him.

What her father hadn't told her was that Mitch made sure there was no sign of kids in the house in the living room or bedroom which made it obvious he had his little blonde slut there, in Stevie's house.

The stain on the sofa made Peter almost throw up and he took the sofa to be picked up by the garbage company. If Stevie wants to go back home he will make sure there will be a new sofa for her there, but so far she hasn't even talked about going back there.

"I'll be right there mom." She sighs and gets up from the window sill where she has been sitting and staring outside. Her father is playing with Cole on the small playground right across the street and Zara is napping.

As long as she is busy taking care of them she is ok, she doesn't have time to think about what happened. But at moments like this the thoughts start to go through her head and somehow she manages to make herself feel even worse.

She barely has a shred of confidence left when it's about herself. The only thing she is confident about is that she is a good mother for her kids and that has to be enough.

She walks passed the nursery where Zara is fast asleep in the cot before going down the stairs to see if she can help her mother with lunch.

Her parents have been amazing these weeks. Helping with the kids as she isn't allowed to carry them yet, her father made sure all the locks on her house were changed and put her car on their driveway so Mitch couldn't take that with him.

Luckily Trudy and the kids took quite a while to choose a balloon and some chocolate for Stevie, so Mitch was already gone with Tiffany when the three of them came into the room.

Shape of you (Daniel Ricciardo)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें