A family of your own

"Are you feeling ok for the race?" Stevie asks Daniel on Saturday night when they are in bed in their hotelroom.
Daniel got pole in quali, but Seb is right behind him on P2.

Daniel sighs.
"I feel good for the race, I like this track and I know I can win. But I don't think I'll get that championship tomorrow."
Stevie stays quiet for a moment. She knows that Seb will have to finish tenth or lower for Daniel to win the championship.

They have both been switching positions all season, so they were extremely close in points the entire time, but unfortunately due to a puncture in Brazil, Daniel lost a lot of positions and ended up with no points. Seb won that race with fastest lap and that means he now has an big advantage over Daniel.

"Yeah I know. It's not impossible but I understand the odds are really small. Seb hasn't had a DNF or a bad result all year. And neither did you until bloody Lance thought he could unlap you in a turn where he shouldn't even have tried."
It pisses her off thinking about it.

Lance made contact with Daniel's front left tire and caused the puncture. It was a stupid move that was doomed to fail and it probably cost Daniel his championship.

"Yeah well those things happen. He got penalized for it."
Daniel strokes her back softly when he feels her get angry about it again.
When he came back in Parc Ferme after that race Stevie was in the garage.

If they thought he was angry about that race, they should have seen her. Her blue eyes were shooting lightning and she looked more beautiful than ever.
He now knows he does not want to get on her bad side, because even though she is stunning when she is angry, she is also a bit scary.

She may be a petite woman, but she looked as if she would fight Lance for him. And he knew if she would have, Lance would have been screwed. It felt good though, to have somebody who actually supports him like that.

"It sucks that it won't be this year, but if we keep developing the car like we have been doing, I'm sure I'll be having another chance next season. And we did get the constructors championship, so that's always a good result for the team."
He will stay positive no matter what. In the end it was a good year in many aspects.

He's going to be second in the championship, with a contract for at least another year and Christian has already made clear that he wants to keep the team like it is now.
He met Stevie, which was one of the best things that could have happened.

His parents seem to like her, they arrived on Friday to be there for the final race and he can only smile when he thinks about them being introduced to Stevie.

~~~~~~~
He took them to hospitality where Stevie was working hard to get some dishes plated. Of course his parents already knew all about her.
He has been talking about her on the phone every  single time they talked and they were very excited to meet her.

Tina was there with Cole and Zara as well and when he came in, Cole jumped into his arms as soon as he saw Daniel.
"Daniel! Mommy made cheesecake."
"Oh buddy that sounds so good. I will definitely try some after the race on Sunday. If I eat it now I won't be able to get in the car anymore. Do you think mommy will save me some?"

"I don't think it will be that good after two days, but I'll make you a fresh one on Sunday." Stevie came out of the kitchen when she saw him walk in with his parents.
He told her he wanted to introduce them to her and she has been very nervous all morning.

He is just as close with his family as she is with hers and if they don't like her she doesn't know how they will be able to move forward.

"Hi Mr and Mrs Ricciardo. I'm Stephanie, but most people call me Stevie. It's so nice to meet you, Daniel has told me a lot about you."
First Daniel's father stepped forward and looked at her hand that she has been holding up to shake theirs.