Chapter 3

"Buy England to play Paraguay, one to zero."

 When Jiang Wang returned to the sports betting station, there were still three or four people who had gathered here to drink tea and play cards in the morning.

 Someone recognized him and waved familiarly: "Brother, come and have a fight." "

 No," the man took out all the remaining change and pushed it to the old man without even counting it: "Buy all England. .”

 “Uncle Teng, you’re still complaining about bad business,” the uncle sitting next to the fan lit up his cigarette and laughed: “When the World Cup comes, let alone a few of my brothers who took some time out of their busy schedules to come over and watch the game, you’ll see a lot of new faces. That’s it.”

 Teng Bo recovered the money much faster, and he didn’t forget to look up at Jiang Wang while passing the money detector.

 This young man looked like he had been a soldier.

 Eagle eyes, sharp eyebrows, and an unsociable aura of hostility.

 "From the provincial capital?"

 Jiang Wang took the Nanjing offered by the stranger next to him and said casually: "It's not important."

 The person who handed the cigarette heard about his bet this morning, and now he also followed suit and bought England. , waiting for the results with great interest.

 June and July are the hot flashes. The big fan on the top of the small shop was spinning slowly and slowly, and the small fan was blowing to make people sweat. The people playing cards were obviously not interested.

 The people in the town all know each other. If someone is fighting with someone over Cong, or if a girl from another family marries someone from another province, they can all be eaten by the people in the town.

 I chewed it over and over again until I lost all interest. It was indispensable to tease the right and wrong a few times when there was a good thing, so that the neighbors and relatives could find some new jokes to laugh at.

 Jiang Wang glanced at their prying eyes, took a puff of cigarette and sat next to the card table.

 "I don't know anything else," he said slowly, "I learned fortune-telling from a master in a Taoist temple. If you don't ask for too many of the fifty-one hexagrams, you will be compensated ten times if it doesn't work." He was short of rent money

 .

 Houses in small places are cheap, and a decent two-bedroom apartment only costs a few hundred a month, so you can get it before the sun goes down.

 As soon as the conversation reached this point, several people in the store became obviously interested.

 "Fifty is so expensive?" The shiny middle-aged man pretended to be offended: "It's only twenty when you climb the Western Mountain to the temple to draw lots."

 Jiang Wang glanced at the black and white screen and did not answer.

 "This guy made a good guess this morning, but now he's off the mark," the thin man joked, "I just won a few hundred, come on, let's play." He flicked the hundred next to the card table directly in front of Jiang Wang

 , He also twisted it with his fingers and shook it.

 "You'll pay ten for every fake one, you said so."

 Jiang Wang looked at the money but didn't take it, and said calmly: "Your surname is Shen, right?"

 The skinny monkey-like man was stunned and speechless.