Chapter 45

When I woke up again, snow was falling outside the window again.

 When it snows in winter, it's quieter outside than inside.

 The sound of heaven and earth melted into the snow on the mountain, and the speed of time seemed to be frozen. After opening my eyes, I fell into a daze for a while and then fell asleep, only to wake up again within half an hour.

 When it snows in Hongcheng, the city becomes older. Gray-black water dripped from the drainage pipes, muddy ice and slag accumulated on both sides of the street, and the white snow was cut and swallowed by the narrow eaves, making it even more cramped and cramped.

 When Jiang Wang changed his clothes and went downstairs, Ji's mother was leaning on the carved spiral column to watch the snow.

 The old houses in the countryside are all made of wood. There are little beasts with vague outlines standing on the cornices. The brackets are in disrepair and have been wedged deeper with a few long nails.

 Chen Danhong is getting older and is not used to wearing light down jackets. She only feels warm when she is pressed by heavy cotton clothes.

 There was endless smoke from the kitchen. When the daughter was busy, she went to the front of the hospital to take a breath and look at the distant mountains with her mother.

 "The glutinous rice balls are all steamed."

 Chen Danhong exclaimed and put her hands into her cotton sleeves. After relaxing for a while, she became worried again.

 "It's fine if it snows on the 29th, 30th or 20th day of the twelfth lunar month, but don't let it snow on the first day of the new year."

 She seemed to be instructing God, murmuring into the cold wind.

 "When it first snows, it's unlucky. Don't let it fall."

 Ji Changxia has been in the city for too long and has long forgotten those farmers' proverbs. He looked at the snow indifferently for a while, and then thought about whether his children would be playful and freeze their hands, so he returned I made a phone call in the house.

 Jiang Wang stood on the stairs and witnessed the whole process.

 As soon as the snow fell, the two women seemed to finally break free from their established roles for just a moment.

 He was confused for a moment.

 Doesn't everyone have to go through this a few times, or even fall asleep for decades, constantly training themselves over and over again?

 Ji Linqiu went out with his father early in the morning to visit.

 He was aloof and quiet, so he simply listened to what Jiang Wang said on the first day he came to Zhouxiang, and went to visit every house as if he was repaying a debt.

 Tomorrow is New Year's Eve, but this kind of visit is purely to show the filial piety and respect of the younger generation, and it doesn't make much difference on which day we go.

 Ji Guoshen was pruning the plum blossom branches in the yard in the morning. When he asked about it, everyone was stunned, as if he had brought the wrong son home.

 Ji Linqiu thought he didn't hear clearly.

 "Please tell me roughly who I should visit first according to the rules, whether I should bow or kowtow. I will go through the process one by one." In short, he came back to take care of his parents in the village. He was very indifferent to the ritual and kowtowed without feeling it