Chapter 25

They got up early and drove to the countryside.

 The countryside is in the southeast of Lihu Lake, hence the name Dongli Village. There are lotus flowers in summer and lotus roots in winter. Fish, shrimps and crabs are also in hot demand.

 At that time, farmhouse entertainment was not a particularly profitable business, but it was still an unexpected income for the villagers.

 City people are tired of eating hotel dishes cooked with chicken essence marinade on gas stoves, so occasionally it is quite good to try wood-fired stoves.

 Peng Xingwang made a long phone call to his grandfather before, specifically asking if there was any fishing there. This morning I couldn't get up from bed, and fell asleep again as soon as I got into the car.

 The car was winding along the forest path, and because the road signs were in a mess, I got lost several times along the way.

 It was already 12 noon when we finally arrived at the big camphor tree at the entrance of the village.

 The old couple came out specially to greet me and enthusiastically helped me to unpack my suitcases and move my things.

 "You're too polite," Ji Linqiu smiled and said, "We can do it ourselves." "

 Jiahui said it! It's not easy for you to take care of the stars, so don't be polite!"

 "Grandpa and grandma, I miss you!" "

 Hey, Okay, okay, grandma misses you too!"

 Jiang Wang followed them and tentatively called grandma.  The old man smiled kindly, fearing that they were hungry: "The rice has been prepared a long time ago. I specially killed a big rooster for you to eat today. It

 is stewed very delicious!"

There are all kinds of strange things. Unique delicacies such as Songzi Chicken and Guochang Chicken cannot be tasted outside the province. The local chickens also look weird. As the saying goes, "One thousand black, ten thousand hemp, pink and white chickens can't lay eggs."

 For lunch, bring the full set of specialties to the table. A large, arm-long steamer is filled with sweet potatoes, tender lotus roots, white radish, and pork belly. Mix it with rice flour and steam it steaming hot. The fragrance of fruits and vegetables is ironed into the meat, and the aroma of meat fat flows into the vegetables. , can make people eat several bowls of rice.

 The large pieces of chicken are cooked hot in a pot that resembles old Beijing shabu-shabu, and the aroma of green and red pepper rice wine is simmered in. When you take a bite, it is juicy and mixed with a burnt aroma.

 Jiang Wang was thinking about many things while driving, including how to take good care of the two old people in the future, so that he looked a little worried.

 After arriving home and eating three bowls of rice and juicy chicken, my brain capacity temporarily returned to zero.

 The children naturally followed suit. The Peng family's grandparents were so hospitable that they not only treated Jiang Wang as their own son, but also felt sorry for Teacher Ji.

 "Why are you so thin? Eat more, eat more, and I'll serve you a bowl of soup!" "

 You young people are not used to eating city food. From now on, you can come to us on weekends to have more fun and relax!"

 Ji Linqiu It’s been a long time since I’ve experienced unconditional love, so my reaction has become a little slow. While listening intently to the old man’s talk about fun places in the countryside, I unknowingly ate nearly a whole bowl of rice.