Chapter 5

Hanna's phone wakes her up. She grabs it from her bedside table and answers the call, still half asleep.

Hanna "Hey"

Jordan "Hanna? Are you okay?"

Hanna "Oh, hi baby" she says now that she recognizes his voice.

Jordan "I called you like ten times"

Hanna "I'm sorry, I was sleeping"

Jordan "So late?"

Hanna "What time is it?"

Jordan "Two in the afternoon"

Hanna "Oh, right... I stayed up late last night, I was at Spencer's with the guys... You didn't call me last night though, you were supposed to call me before going to bed"

Jordan "Yeah, sorry... I was tired"

Hanna "It's okay... how was the dinner?"

Jordan "It was a disaster"

Hanna "Really? Why?"

Jordan "It was pretty boring... awkward... my father didn't impress any of them because they didn't even seem interested into his political proposals, so he tried to make some conversation and it didn't go so well... it was such a lame dinner"

Hanna "Oh... I'm sorry... I should have been there with you"

Jordan "It's okay, there's nothing you could have done to save the night"

Hanna "Yeah... I know, but still... George called me, though"

Jordan "Really? I didn't know. What did he want?"

Hanna "Nothing, he was kind of mad"

Jordan "What did he tell you?"

Hanna "Nothing, we didn't talk much" she lies. "I guess he was pissed off because of the dinner... Anyway, we need to talk, babe"

Jordan "About?"

Hanna "Chocolate..."

Jordan "What's with him?"

Hanna "We need to figure out what to do, I mean, when I take him to New York"

Jordan "What?"

Hanna "What, what? He is coming to New York to live with us"

Jordan "You are not being serious, are you? Pets aren't allowed in our apartment building"

Hanna "Of course I'm being serious, what do you think I'll do? Leave him behind? We need to find a new place to move in"

Jordan "I can't move out of my apartment, I don't want to, I love it there and it's close to my office"

Hanna "It's our apartment now, and we have no other option. We can find a nice place in the area"

Jordan "We shouldn't discuss this on the phone"

Hanna "Then come back here, you were supposed to be here with me for another week"

Jordan "I can't leave. Much less after last night's disaster"

Hanna sighs. "Fine... but... we need to sort this out... and I won't be in New York next week as I said, so when you are done there in Washington, I'll be waiting for you here, and I really hope you make some time to spend a few days here with me and my family, my friends... It would mean a lot to me, I really want you to come back here"

Jordan sighs too. "Well, I have to go now, but I'll try to make some time, I promise"

Hanna smiles slightly. "Thank you... it doesn't have to be a whole week, I will be fine if you can come to spend a weekend in Rosewood at least, and then we can go back to New York together"