Chapter 42

The morning after Hanna wakes up and Caleb is no longer in bed. She checks the time on her phone and finds out it's ten in the morning so there are no doubts he must be at the Radley.

Hanna gets up and finds the clothes she dropped on the floor the night before, they are properly folded at the end of the bed and she can't help smiling. She gets dressed and goes downstairs where she finds Chocolate napping on the couch.

Hanna "Hey, buddy" she calls for him, but the dog is too comfy to move so he only stares at her from the couch. "I know what will get you up" she says and goes get his dog bowl to the kitchen.

But she finds a little note on it: "Don't let him fool you. He already ate." Hanna grins and puts the bowl back away.

Hanna "Okay, Chocolate. Let's get going" she grabs her keys and the dog meets her at the front door.

When Hanna goes out the house, she sees Toby's pickup truck still parked at Spencer's and she can't help a happy smile.

/

Later at noon.

Hanna arrives at the Radley Hotel and goes straight to Caleb's office. She just lets herself in as always but she doesn't find him in there so she decides to wait for him and goes sit at his desk.

Hanna is on her phone when Caleb shows up there some minutes later.

Caleb "Hi, beautiful" he greets her with a grin on his face. "You made some time to see me, huh?" he jokes.

Hanna only smiles at him and stands up from his office chair to approach him, leaving her phone on his desk.

Caleb "I just talked to your mom" he starts telling her as Hanna wraps her arms around his neck. "She was happy for me. She didn't even care so much that I'm leaving the Radley" he places his palms on Hanna's waist.

Hanna "Yeah, she's the best" she only gives him a short response because all she wants is to kiss him already, and so she does.

Caleb kisses her back while wrapping his arms around her waist and squeezes her against him. He needed all that physical contact as much as her. He abandons her mouth after a while to start kissing her neck.

Hanna keeps her eyes shut and relaxes at the sweet touch of his lips on her skin. But when Caleb's hand goes down to her butt, she opens her eyes and straightens her head, making Caleb pull away from her neck.

Hanna "Wait... Are we really doing it here?"

Caleb smiles amused. "Yeah, why not?" he goes back to her neck.

Hanna "Because my mom works here, maybe? And because you still have to show up here for some more weeks, and so do I?"

Caleb "We will keep it quiet" he lets go of her and goes lock the door. "I just need you so bad" he confesses while grabbing her by the waist again. But he doesn't make any other move, he only stares at her like waiting for her approval.

Hanna doubts for a second, but then she grabs his face in her hands and starts a passionate kiss herself. "Really quiet" she says against his mouth.

Caleb "I promise" he takes her hand and leads her to a little couch on one side of the room.

Caleb sits down and Hanna stands before him. Luckily for her, she chose to wear a dress that morning since it is one of those days at the beginning of the fall that are still warm somehow. Caleb gets his hands under her dress and takes them straight to each side of her panties to pull them down, Hanna lifts her feet one at a time to help him take off her underwear keeping her shoes on. Once Caleb leaves her panties on the couch next to him, Hanna sits on his lap straddling him and starts undoing his pants.