Chapter 6

Hanna gets at the Radley Hotel to meet up with Ashley. After stepping off the elevator, she heads right to her mom's office and lets herself in without bothering to knock at the door while using her phone.

Hanna "Hey, mom" she says but when she raises her look from her phone, she realizes that it's not only Ashley in there, there are two other men that she assumes are employees from the hotel, they are sitting across her mom's desk and they seem to be on a meeting. "Sorry, I should have knocked at the door, I'll wait outside"

Ashley "Excuse me for a minute" she says to the men before following Hanna out of her office.

Hanna "Sorry, mom" she repeats again once they are in the hallway and her mother closes the door behind them.

Ashley "It's okay, sweetie... look, I know we already had our day planned, but I won't be able to take you out for lunch, and I think I won't be free to go shopping with you either. I'm sorry baby, we are having some problems with the security system and I really need to get that resolved today"

Hanna nods. "It's fine, don't worry... I-"

Another man shows up interrupting them. "Hey, Mrs. Marin. I'm afraid that I won't be able to reconnect the security camera system any time soon. I don't know what's wrong, but it won't work no matter what I try. The security company is trying to fix the system from the central, but it'll take long" he says while scratching his head nervously.

Ashley "Do you think they will be able to solve the problem before this evening?"

Man "I'm not sure"

Ashley sighs. "We need to get this resolved somehow, the senator is having this event at six and we can't just tell his security staff that we have no security system to back them up"

The man nods and gets in Ashley's office.

Ashley looks back at Hanna, but before she can say anything, Hanna speaks.

Hanna "Don't worry mom, I'll find something to keep myself entertained" she gives her a smile.

Ashley "Okay, sweetie, see you back at home" she says before getting back into her office.

/

Hanna gets back in her car and before pulling out of the parking lot, she wonders what to do. Her friends are all busy with their jobs just like her mom is, she could go have lunch at some restaurant on her own but it doesn't sound so much fun, so she just drops it and decides to go back home and hang out with Chocolate, which seems the best option to her.

Hanna "Hey, baby" she smiles at the dog that greets her excitedly as always when she comes through the door, although it's only been half an hour since she left. "Let's go for something to eat"

After feeding the dog, Hanna makes a sandwich for herself and sits at the kitchen island. She gets bored while eating in silence so she decides to give Jordan a call, although she knows he is more likely not to answer his phone at that time of the day because he is usually too busy, and she confirms it when she is sent right to his voicemail.

She hasn't forgotten the fact that Caleb asked her to hang out together the night before, and since he was the one who suggested it, she has been waiting for him to get in touch with her, but she changes her mind now seeing that she has nothing else to do, and considering that she had such an amazing time while hanging out with him the day before, she decides to text him. She even smiles while remembering the funny anecdote that he told her about Chocolate when they were at the park.

Hanna "Hey, you, annoying-ass! You asked me to hang out and then disappeared" she texts him.

Only a minute after, she gets a text back. "Hey, Miss Patience, it's not even one in the afternoon. Thought you had plans with your mom"