Chapter 52

Hanna has already started her week with a tough Monday, which included Chloe's sudden resignation and working until late hours. Little she knows on Tuesday morning when she arrives at her store that she's about to have the hardest of her days at work.

Hanna's challenges start in the morning, only an hour into her work day, when she is finishing introducing Vanessa to the workings of her workshop, Anna's new replacement, and Lisa approaches her.

Lisa "Han... your notes here say I should use a ten-inch white zipper, but we ran out of those... and we are also running out of cupro linings... and we haven't got many pearls left..."

Hanna sighs. "Okay, just move on to another design. I'll take a look to see what else we need and I'll make an order... I didn't have the time to take care of it..."

Sydney shows up upstairs. "Hanna, your friend Spencer is here."

Hanna "Send her up here, Syd... I don't have the time to go downstairs right now."

Sydney leaves and Spencer shows up there with Finn.

Hanna "Hey, you two!" She smiles at them while going through the drawers of the large piece of furniture where they keep the materials. She's taking notes of the supplies she has to restock.

Spencer "Hey, Han! Is this a bad time?"

Hanna looks at them, and Finn throws his arms at her, like he always does when he sees her. She can't help but leave her notepad aside and grab the baby in her arms. "I'm a little busy right now, but I always have time for my Finnie." She kisses his cheek softly. "So, what brings you two here?"

Spencer chuckles. "What do you mean by what brings me here? My wedding dress, maybe?"

Hanna "Oh, right..."

Spencer "So? Do you have any sketches for me to take a look?"

Hanna "I'm sorry, Spence... I haven't had the time to get started just yet. But give me a couple of days, and I'll come up with something... are you sure you don't want to ask me any detail in particular for the design?"

Spencer "No, I just trust your good taste... don't worry about it. I just stopped by because Finn had his checkup a few blocks away... and I was just curious about it. Just let me know when you have something to show me."

Hanna nods.

Spencer "What happened to your dresses anyway?" She suddenly asks.

Hanna "What do you mean?" She asks, confused.

Spencer "Your store is almost empty... did you take them somewhere else or something?"

Hanna "Oh, that... it's nothing. We just had a lot of sales last week, and Anna hurt her wrist, so we are a bit behind in restocking, but we are working on it..." She downplays the situation, even though it's the main cause of her stress.

Spencer nods. "Okay, Finnie. Time to leave... Auntie Hanna's busy." She grabs the baby from Hanna's arms. "See you, Han!" She says while walking away.

Hanna "See you!" She says back while grabbing her notepad to go back to work.

Lisa approaches her again. "Hanna, I've been going through the designs, and there's no one I could finish today. Every single one of them requires at least one item we are out of stock on."

Hanna sighs. "Just pick any then, and get started. I'll go get you the zipper you need to finish the other dress myself later. The supplies I'm ordering today should be here the day after tomorrow. Make me a list of the most urgent things you would need for today and tomorrow, and I'll go get them myself. Also, check if Vanessa needs anything too."