Chapter 34

Spencer's lake house. Night.

Hanna is already in bed when Caleb comes out from the bathroom and joins her. He turns off the bedside lamp and wraps one of his arms around Hanna's waist as he makes himself comfortable under the sheets, ready to go to sleep.

Hanna "We are going to sleep already?" she asks while snuggling with him.

Caleb "Why? You want a second round?" he smiles slightly, his eyes are already closed.

Hanna "No... I'm just not sleepy... can we talk a little?" she starts to stroke his hair.

Caleb "I'm pretty tired, babe..."

Hanna "Come on, just for a little while"

Caleb "Okay..." he says softly and yawns. "What do you want to talk about?"

Hanna "I don't know... anything"

Caleb remains silent, so Hanna speaks again after some seconds.

Hanna "Do you play any sport? I never asked you that"

Caleb chuckles. "I suck at sports, babe"

Hanna "Really? Doesn't seem so" she says while running her hand down his chest to his abs.

Caleb "I used to go to the gym when I was living in Allentown, I guess I'll have to find a new place to go in Rosewood"

Hanna "Toby goes to the gym, you should ask him"

Caleb "Yeah"

Hanna "I took pilates classes twice a week in New York, I should probably go back to that too"

Caleb "Huh"

Hanna "Maybe one of the girls joins me, I'll ask them..."

Caleb "Uh huh"

Hanna "I should also get Tinder on my phone" she tests him, suspecting that he isn't really listening to her.

Caleb laughs. "I'm listening to you, silly..." He tightens his grip around her waist. "I'm just too sleepy because some blonde girl woke me up early this morning and then took over my bed and slept all day long"

Hanna grins and takes her mouth to Caleb's neck where she starts to give him soft kisses with the purpose of awakening him a little, but although his breathing changes, instead of becoming any heavier or shallower as she was expecting, his breathing becomes deeper and slower as he relaxes. Hanna's kisses feel like a gentle caress and after a couple of minutes, Caleb is about to fall asleep.

Hanna smiles against his skin. "Sleep well, baby" she whispers tenderly, deciding to leave him alone finally.

Caleb "You too" he answers very softly.

It takes Hanna a while to go to sleep as well, but for the first time in days she feels happy and safe at the same time, so she manages to fall asleep eventually.

/

The following day is even better for Hanna. It starts with morning sex, since Caleb wakes up feeling a bit naughty, it goes on with a delicious breakfast that they prepare together and then they enjoy an amazing day outdoors with Chocolate.

They get on their way back home around 5 pm.

Hanna "He is exhausted" she tells Caleb after taking a look at the backseat where Chocolate is sound asleep.

Caleb chuckles. "He is like a kid" he looks at him on the rear-view mirror for a second and then focuses back on the road.

Hanna "Can we stop by at Mona's when we get to Rosewood? I need to get my phone back"