Chapter 20

Morning after.

The unbearable heat of the summer morning wakes Hanna up. Still half asleep, she kicks the sheets down, uncovering her body, trying to find a way to cool off. That's when she starts to feel kisses on her cheek and then lower on her neck.

After all the tossing and turning of the night, she has ended up lying on her side and Caleb spooning her, since they are in a single bed and don't have much room.

Caleb "Morning" he says against her skin and tightens his grip around her waist, pulling her harder against him.

Hanna "Hey" she says smiling, her eyes still closed.

Then she feels him release her and get up from the bed.

Hanna "Where are you going?" she looks at him now.

Caleb smiles at her. "I'm going for a pee" he tells her as he puts on a pair of shorts. "Be right back" he leaves the room.

Hanna "Hey, baby" she tells Chocolate who is still lying on the other single bed.

The dog only wags his tail at her, feeling too lazy to get up just yet.

Hanna chuckles. "You are still tired after yesterday's swimming?"

Caleb comes back a few minutes later. Hanna is still lying in bed so he goes and lies down next to her.

Hanna "Are the guys up already?" she asks while turning to face him.

Caleb "I heard Spencer's voice coming from downstairs, she was talking to someone. So I guess that at least two of them are up already"

Hanna nods. "Emily saw us last night" she says then.

Caleb's eyes open widely. "She walked in on us?" he asks, thinking that she maybe got in the room when they were doing stuff and he didn't even realize. It could be possible, she was supposed to sleep in that room after all.

Hanna smiles amused at his reaction. "Not here, she saw us in the kitchen, just kissing"

Caleb "Oh" he relaxes. "What did you tell her?"

Hanna "Nothing... It wasn't like I could deny it, so I just asked her not to tell anyone else"

Caleb only nods.

Hanna "We never talked about telling the guys about us or not... I wouldn't mind, I know they won't judge me for being with you when I still haven't ended things with Jordan. But I assumed you needed some more time"

Caleb "Why did you assume that?"

Hanna "Because you were the one who made up that you were seeing some girl"

Caleb "I didn't make that up, it's true"

Hanna "Well, you didn't tell them that it was me, it's the same"

Caleb "I didn't tell them that it was you because when I told Ezra and Toby that I was with someone, it was right after Camp Mona and you had asked me for some time. I wasn't going to just tell them about you"

Hanna "So you wouldn't mind if they learned about us?"

Caleb. "Well... it's not like I would mind it, I mean... I want to tell them so we can be together without having to hide..."

Hanna "But..."

Caleb "But I think we should take a little longer before letting them know... this is already too much complicated to involve more people in. I would rather wait until you sort your things out before doing so... after what happened the other night at my house, you know, Jordan's presents, and then the day after at your place... I think we need more stability before anything else"