Chapter 12

That evening.

Caleb is already at Toby's, he's in the backyard with him and Ezra when he starts to hear a barking that sounds very familiar to him, so he walks toward the open sliding doors of the kitchen, where he stands at. He gets to see that Chocolate is barking non-stop at a man that he assumes it's Jordan, since Hanna is standing next to him while taking some bottles of wine from a bag that she brought and placing them on the kitchen countertop.

Jordan "I told you so, we should have left him at your house"

Hanna "No, he loves coming here, he will calm down when he-" she stops talking abruptly because she looks up and spots Caleb. "Hey" she says and shoots him a smile. "Chocolate, look who's there"

Caleb "Hey" he only says and the dog who was too focused on monitoring Jordan to notice Caleb's presence, rushes toward him now and starts to greet him excitedly. "Hi, buddy" he greets him back while stroking his fur.

Hanna "I told you he was friendly" she smiles at Jordan. "Oh, babe, this is Caleb" she says, introducing him, then she looks at Caleb. "Caleb, this is Jordan"

Jordan "Nice to meet you, Caleb" he approaches him to shake hands, but Chocolate stands between them and Caleb, not letting Jordan get too close to Caleb, so he backs down.

Caleb grins, he definitely loves that dog. "It's okay" he tells Jordan. "Nice to meet you too"

They all go out to the backyard where Chocolate goes greet Ezra and Toby as excitedly as he greeted Caleb.

Jordan "Seems like he only hates me" he says at seeing Chocolate's excitement.

Hanna "That's not true, he doesn't hate you, he just doesn't know you... allow him some time"

After they greet the guys, Hanna and Jordan go back inside with the girls, and Chocolate stays with Caleb.

/

Jordan pours glasses of wine for all the girls but Spencer, of course, before he pours one for himself and goes sit next to Hanna on the couch.

Jordan "So, how far along are you?" he asks Spencer.

Spencer "Only two months..."

Jordan nods and takes a sip of wine.

Spencer "You and Hanna can still catch up with us, Toby and I are only two months ahead" she adds and almost makes Jordan spit the wine back into the glass.

Jordan "We have to get married first... we want to make things right" he takes Hanna's hand.

Alison "You don't really need to be married to have children"

Jordan "I know, I didn't mean it that way, what I meant to say is that we have a wedding to plan first"

Alison "No, you said that you wanted to make things right"

Emily elbows Alison at the same time as Hanna gives her a death glare.

Jordan "I'm sorry, I guess I didn't choose the right words" he apologizes.

Spencer smiles at him. "It's okay"

Aria "Ezra and I are planning to get married first as well... and take a long trip around the world before we have kids" she says, trying to lighten up the situation.

Jordan's phone starts to ring. "Excuse me, ladies" he says as he stands up and he answers the call on his way to the kitchen.

Hanna "Thank you, Ali" she says with annoyance when her fiancée is gone.

Alison "What? I didn't do anything wrong"

Hanna rolls her eyes.

Spencer "Why don't we better go outside with the guys?"