Chapter 61

That Friday evening, Hanna arrives at the lake house after a couple of hours on the road. She parks her car next to Emily's and heads for the house, meeting Spencer and Finn on her way.

Spencer "Hey, Finnie, look who's here!"

Spencer is holding Finn's hand, helping him maintain his balance.

Hanna "Hi, Finnie!" She grins while approaching them. "How's my favorite nephew doing?"

Finn smiles widely and starts taking steps toward her, sloppy steps, as he is learning to walk and on top of that, his excitement to see Hanna makes him want to walk faster.

Spencer "Hey, easy there, little one!" She chuckles, taking his other hand as well to help him better. "You still haven't learnt how to walk, and you want to run already."

Hanna "Can't believe he's learning to walk already." She tells Spencer. "Hi, baby!" She greets the baby again, crouching down to wait for him.

Finn finally reaches Hanna, and Spencer lets go of his little hands as Hanna pulls him into a hug.

Hanna "Good job, Finnie!" She congratulates the baby with excitement. "Happy birthday, my sweet baby." She plants several kisses on the baby's chubby cheek. "I can't handle how adorable he looks in this winter onesie." She tells Spencer while standing up with Finn in her arms. "He looks like a teddy bear, all bundled up." She adds, adjusting his baby beanie.

Spencer smiles. "Yeah, Aria and Ezra got him the onesie. We were just trying it on, right Finnie?" She strokes Finn's cheek. "Let's go inside, we were waiting for you!" She tells Hanna.

Hanna puts Finn down back on his feet and attempts to take his hand to help him walk back to the house, but the baby extends his little arms toward her, asking to be carried again.

Hanna smiles tenderly and picks him up again.

Spencer chuckles. "He's going to stick to you for the rest of the day... maybe the whole weekend."

Hanna "I don't have a problem with that." She kisses Finn's cheek again. "We just love each other too much." She says as they head to the house.

Spencer smiles. "Yeah, well, I know someone who might have a problem with it." She jokes.

Hanna smiles too. "Is he here already?"

Spencer. "Yep, everyone's here already." She tells Hanna as she opens the door for them.

Hanna steps inside with Finn, and then Spencer closes the door behind her.

Hanna "Hi, everyone!" She greets the girls and Ezra that are hanging out there in the living room.

They greet her back as Spencer takes Finn from her arms.

Spencer "Let's unbundle you a little, baby." She takes off his beanie. "Caleb's in the kitchen with Toby." She lets Hanna know while unzipping Finn's onesie.

Hanna takes off her jacket and is about to head for the kitchen, but Chocolate shows up in there after hearing her voice, happily wagging his tail, but greeting her noticeably much more calmly than usual.

Hanna grins. "Hi, buddy!" She takes his huge head in her hands and places a kiss on top of it. "I'm so happy to see you." She strokes his ears.

Spencer "He's a bit drained from all the attention Finn has been giving him today." She explains.

Hanna chuckles and pets him on the head once more before finally heading for the kitchen.

Hanna "Hey there, handsome dudes." She greets Toby and Caleb playfully.