Chapter 59

NOTE: NOTE: I drew inspiration from a look of Ashley's for Hanna in this chapter

NOTE: NOTE: I drew inspiration from a look of Ashley's for Hanna in this chapter. I just described it in a different color because it didn't seem right for a wedding. I mean, it could appear white in a place with little lighting.

Wedding day.

Hanna is in Ashley's car, as she picked her up at the Philly airport. They are now on the road, heading back to Rosewood.

Hanna "This is so stressful, mom... my dress is back in New York, and I have nothing to wear."

Ashley smiles, still focused on the road. "Good thing you own the best dress store in Rosewood."

Hanna "Yeah... I'm not even sure I've got a gold dress at the store..." She sighs. "I'll just pick any that fits. I've already missed the rehearsal dinner, and I've just flown for like a million hours to get here, so I guess I'll survive not being a bridesmaid..."

Hanna takes her phone and texts Caleb: "On my way to Rosewood. Finally done with airports and planes. Thanks again!"

Ashley "So, what's the plan? Do you want to go straight to my place and take a shower? Or would you rather stop by your store and get a dress first."

Hanna "I think we should go get the dress first, so then I can shower and get ready... I don't have much time. I need to do my hair, my makeup... good thing I painted my nails back at LA airport... Do you have a curling iron at home? I want to wear my hair loose with some waves."

Ashley "Of course, honey."

Hanna gets a text from Caleb. It's just a red heart emoji. She smiles and sends another one back.

/

Ceremony.

By the time Hanna arrives at the church, the ceremony is already in progress. She quietly enters the delicately decorated place with flowers, followed by Ashley. A knot forms in her throat as she realizes Spencer is already at the altar, and she has missed the grand entrance and the walk down the aisle.

Despite the place being crowded, Spencer spots Hanna and Ashley heading to their seats at the bottom.

Spencer "Excuse me for a second." She tells the minister officiating the ceremony. Then she looks at Hanna. "Come here, Han."

Hanna smiles shyly and shakes her head.

Spencer "Come on, Han. I'm not doing this without you."

Feeling a bit ashamed, Hanna's body temperature suddenly rises as all eyes turn toward her. She finally stands up from her seat, goes around, avoiding the aisle, and approaches Spencer.

Hanna "I'm not even wearing a gold dress." She whispers to her.

Spencer "I don't care. I'm just glad you are here."