Chapter 26

Hanna "Oh my god, Caleb!" she yells from the little bathroom of her room at the hospital.

Caleb is waiting for her outside, right next to the bathroom door.

Caleb "You okay?" he asks right away, worried and ready to push the door open if necessary.

Hanna "Yeah, I'm okay, but I'm wearing your underwear! Oh my god, everyone must have seen it! How embarrassing!"

Caleb "Oh, god, Hanna. You scared the hell out of me! It's fine, it's no big deal... Please, just don't yell like that anymore"

Hanna "I'm sorry, babe"

Hanna comes out from the bathroom a couple of minutes later. Caleb takes her hand and places his other one on her waist in order to accompany her back to the bed just like he did before to the bathroom.

Hanna smiles and takes his hand off of her waist. "Really, I'm okay. You don't need to help me"

Caleb "I just wanna make sure you don't fall. You just started to move your legs a while ago, Han"

Hanna "Okay, but just hold my hand" she tells him as she starts to walk to the bed.

And she makes it to there with no problems. Maybe a little slower than normal, but she walks perfectly well.

Hanna "See?" she shoots him a smile as she sits down on the edge of the bed.

Caleb smiles back and standing in front of her, he presses a brief kiss to her forehead. "I'm glad you are so much better"

Hanna wraps her arms around his waist and hugs him, her cheek pressed against his stomach, since he is standing and she is sitting. Caleb starts to rub her back with one hand and he caresses her hair with the other.

Caleb "How are you feeling?"

Hanna "I'm perfectly well. Can you go get the doctor? I wanna go home now"

Caleb pulls back from her embrace and places his hands on her shoulders, making Hanna look up at him. "Are you sure that you are 'perfectly well'?" he asks her, using her same words. "You need to be honest, Han. Don't rush this just to go home faster. It's okay if we have to stay here a little longer. I just want you to be completely well"

Hanna "I'm okay... maybe my head hurts a little, but I'm okay"

Caleb stares at her.

Hanna "Okay, fine. My head hurts like a lot, it's killing me. But I'm okay anyway"

Caleb "Yeah, you had a strong blow to your head. They already checked it out, but we are going to mention it to your doctor again, just to make sure it's normal. Maybe she can give you something for the pain"

Hanna nods.

Caleb sits down on the edge of the bed next to her and wraps his arm around her waist to hug her from the side. Hanna tilts her head to the side right away, resting it on his shoulder.

Caleb "Han... I know it's maybe too soon to ask you this... but I really need to know... What happened to you? What do you remember?"

He finally decides to ask her, despite the doctor asked him to wait before doing so. Hanna seems to be doing well after all, she even has been smiling, and he sees no difference in waiting for the doctor to talk to her. Indeed, he'd rather talk to Hanna alone. He knows that it will be way less awkward for her, and also that she will be more honest to him.

Hanna swallows hard and takes a moment to answer, recalling what happened in her head.

Caleb "I'm sorry, I know it's too soon... but the doctor is gonna ask you anyway, and I just thought you would-"