The Worst Pain

The worst pain is healing from someone you thought you’d heal with.

It’s the kind of pain that cannot be fathomed or put into context. It’s the kind of pain that consumes you until you’re nothing but a shell of the person you once were. It’s the kind of pain that changes you, forever.

At first, it feels like a sharp, piercing pain that takes over your entire body. Tears stream down your face as you try to make sense of what’s happening. You thought this person was the one who would heal you from your past traumas, the one who would help you forget all the pain you’ve been through. But now, they’re the source of your pain.

It’s a pain that takes a toll on your mental and emotional health. You start questioning everything. Was it something you said? Did you do something wrong? You start blaming yourself for things you have no control over. Your mind becomes a battleground, and no matter how hard you try, you can’t seem to quiet the voices. They keep telling you that you’ll never be good enough, that you’ll never find someone who’ll love you the way you deserve to be loved.

It’s a pain that’s hard to explain to others. They see you smiling on the outside, but they have no idea the battle you’re facing inside. You feel like a fraud, like you’re pretending to be okay when you’re not. You don’t want to seem weak or vulnerable, so you put on a brave face and go about your day. But every day, the pain feels like a weight you can’t carry anymore.

Days, turn into weeks, and weeks turn into months. The pain starts to subside, but it’s replaced with a deep sense of sadness. You miss them, not the person they’ve become, but the person they used to be. You miss the conversations, the laughter, the moments where it felt like nothing else mattered. But those moments are gone, replaced with memories that hurt too much to relive.

It’s a pain that makes you question your entire existence. Were they the one? Will you ever find someone who loves you for who you are? It’s a pain that leaves you feeling lost and alone. You’ve been through heartbreak before, but this time, it’s different. This time, you thought you’d finally found someone who understood you, someone you could spend the rest of your life with. But now, you’re back to where you started, alone and unsure of what the future holds.

As time goes by, you start to accept what happened. You realize that healing from someone you thought you’d heal with is a messy, painful process. It’s not something you can rush, and it’s not something you can do alone. You start to seek help, whether it’s through therapy, talking to friends, or focusing on self-care. You start to see the light at the end of the tunnel, and you’re no longer consumed by the pain.

It’s a pain that teaches you about love. You learn that love isn’t always easy, and it doesn’t always last forever. You learn that loving someone means accepting them for who they are, flaws and all. You learn that the most important kind of love is the love you have for yourself.

Healing from someone you thought you’d heal with is the worst pain, but it’s also the most transformative. It forces you to face your deepest fears and insecurities. It teaches you about resilience and strength. And most importantly, it teaches you that you can survive anything, even a broken heart.  So, hold on tight, and keep moving forward, because one day, you’ll wake up and realize the pain is gone, and you’ve become a stronger, more loving person because of it.