Chapter 1 - You're in my way

~ Lucy POV ~

My phone's alarm clock began blaring on my bedside, abruptly disrupting me from my dreams. I groaned as I heard my mum shout my name from down the stairs.

Today was my first day at Fairy Tail High. I was nervous although I was pretty used to having to move schools frequently as we never stayed in one place for a long time due to my dads business. This meant that in consequence I really didn't have many friends either.

We just moved here, in Magnolia yesterday. Apparently this is the last time we'll be moving so I guess I'll be staying in Magnolia for a long time.

I swung my legs out of bed and slipped my fluffy slippers on before heading to the bathroom and doing my morning routine. I put on the school uniform, which I already wasn't a fan of, and applied a little makeup.

"Hurry up Lucy ! You'll be late !" Shouted my mum from the bottom of the stairs.

I rolled my eyes and quickly grabbed my bag and phone on the way out of my room. I ran downstairs realising that the bus was coming in a couple of minutes.

I didn't have time to eat breakfast so I quickly grabbed an apple and began eating on the way out the door.

"Bye mum ! Bye dad !" I shouted slamming the door behind me.

'Come on Lucy you can't be late on your first day !' I muttered to myself, beginning to increase my walking speed. I cursed when I saw the bus pull up at the bus stop. I began sprinting towards the yellow bus suddenly colliding into someone on the way.

~ Natsu POV ~

"Natsu for goodness sake ! You're going to miss the bus at this rate !" Shouted my mum from the bottom of the stairs.

"So what ?" I shrugged while slowly grooming my hair.

"You'll be late." She answered.

"And ?" I put the comb down and shoved my backpack on and walked towards the door.

"You have Mr Dreyar. Have you forgotten about his detentions for late comers ? Plus you wouldn't want to miss basket ball training after school for the detention...Would you ?" I gaped at my mum and immediately sprinted out the door. I couldn't miss basketball. No way !

"Can't I take your car ?" I moaned.

"No, I need it for work Natsu. Now get out the door and shut up. It's 8:20..." Shoot. My bus comes in one minute !

I bolted out the door as fast as my legs allowed me to go. I spotted the bus and quickly increased my speed as I frantically tried to catch up with it. That was when I wasn't paying attention to where I was going and before I knew it, I fell on the ground with a thud.

"Ouch !" A blonde haired girl I'd never seen before groaned while patting her head. I looked behind her and saw that the bus had gone.

"Oh great ! Now I'll be late because of you !" I sighed in frustration as I stood up and brushed myself off, leaving the blonde on the floor.

"You weren't looking where you were going actually !"  She pointed out.

"Whatever. Now if you excuse me I have a school to get to." I say and walk off. Stupid idiot had to get in my way and then accuse me. Why was she even standing there like an idiot.

_________

I managed to make it to class right on the bell luckily. I quickly ran to class and breathed a sigh of relief when I saw the teacher wasn't there yet.

"Hi ice queen." I said taking a seat next to Gray.

"Hi flame brain." He retorts.

"So, did you manage to go on a date with that girl ? Cana was it ?"

"No, Cana was last weeks entertainment. This week I'm trying to persuade that girl there. Not sure what her name is but still, I think she's quite intriguing." He said pointing at a girl sitting in the corner of the class, organising her notes neatly. Nerd.

"That's Juvia, you don't want to be with her, trust me. I bet you she hasn't even kissed anyone yet before." I mocked as Gray laughed.

"That's what makes things way better Natsu, it's much more entertaining to watch them react to your touch for the first time..."

"Ok..." I said shaking off the thoughts clouding my brain. Thoughts I did not want to have.

"How are things with Lisanna." He asked out of the blue. Lisanna...oh how I hate that girl. If only I didn't get so bored I wouldn't even need her in my life.

"Great." I reply sarcastically. "She's a bit, well, I don't know...clingy ? She thinks we're official but we really aren't...I don't like official relationships, I like toys that I can play around with when I am bored." I state as Gray scoffed and shook his head in disappointment.

"You know, I kind of for once in my life, actually want to have a real relationship to see what it would feel like.." He says as I gape at him. Is the number 1 bad boy in the school really saying this ?! What's gotten into him. "I'm joking Natsu." He laughed as I let the sharp breathe I inhaled out.

Relationships are so pointless, remind me why people need them again ?

"Class ! I'd like your attention right now." Shouted Mr Dreyar succeeding in grabbing our attention. He wasn't a teacher you'd want to disobey...

"I have a new pupil that will be joining our class. Say hello to your new classmate." He stated as a blonde girl shyly walked into class.

My jaw dropped to the floor. That's the girl I bumped into this morning !

She was smiling, until her eyes caught mine. Her smile immediately erased off her face. I glared at her as she glared at me back.

"Lucy Heartfilia." Said Mr Dreyer.

Lucy Heartfilia hmm...I guess that's a name I'll keep in mind.

You've stepped into my territory...it's about time I teach you how things work here...

Let's see how long you last.

______________________

HEY EVERYONE ! As you can see this book is back !!! And also as you can see the plot is completely different :) I'm starting a completely new story with a fresh plot !

Sorry about that but I hope you enjoy it

CHARACTERS BELONG TO HIRO MASHIMA !!

Please Vote & Comment to keep updates coming !

Ziall_nalu
X