Chapter 28 - New Member of FTH Basketball Team

Hiiii it's me again ! Biology exam on Monday (tomorrow). I woke up an hour earlier so that I could update though ^.^

Warning: Swearing
Disclaimer: Characters belong to Hiro Mashima.

~Natsu POV~

We didn't manage to make Juvia and Gray talk to each other again that day, in fact they basically were avoiding each other at all costs.

I don't blame Juvia though...Gray was kind of inconsiderate towards her.

"Boys ! A new member will be joining our basketball team. Please welcome Loke Heartfilia !" Our coach shouted from across the hall.

"But coach, you only accept people after they participate in the try outs for the team." I said, feeling angered by Loke's presence. I had to work my butt off to be in this team and he just gets to pop in and get everything handed to him on a silver dish.

"There's no need for him to prove himself. I heard he was quite the champion in his old school. You better watch Natsu, you might end up going from the top member of this team to the bottom. He might even replace you as team captain."
My jaw dropped in shock. If I lose the team captain title of this team which I worked so hard for, I'd never forgive myself. Basketball is my passion and I fought to be on this team and to become team captain. I'm not going to let a loser like him take this from me.

"Play on." The coach shouted throwing the ball back at us as we continued to practice.

We were just playing a friendly match of basketball and split ourselves into two teams. Luckily Loke was in the opposite team.

"My ball." He said suddenly coming from behind me and taking the ball from me. He quickly jumped and scored a basket without the ball even touching the rims of the hoop. It went right in.

Me and Gray exchanged glances, both probably thinking the same thing. This Loke has to leave.

All of a sudden I was thrown to the ground after someone barged into me. I cussed in pain as I skidded my elbow across the floor, peeling some of the skin off it. It burned like hell.

"What the fuck was that for ?! Basketball isn't a contact sport !" I shouted pushing Loke once I got myself back up.

"Natsu ! Basketball is a non contact sport. Yellow card." The coach boomed, holding up the yellow piece of card in his hand and waving it around frantically. Bet that's the most exercise he's done all day.

"What the hell ?! He pushed me to the ground !" I pointed out.

"Yeah coach ! You can't give Natsu a yellow card ! Look at his freaking elbow !" Gray shouted backing me up with the rest of the team.

"Arguing with the referee now ? Do you want a red card ?" He asked picking up the red card and threatening to put it up.

I walked over to him and ripped up the red card.

"What I want is a fair coach. Why don't you leave the refereeing to someone who actually knows what they're doing." I said through gritted teeth as I stormed out the hall, leaving my shocked team mates behind.

I've had enough for today of all this crap.

-----