Chapter 36 - They're Meant To Be

Sorry if there's mistakes, I'm tired ^.^

Characters belong to hiro Mashima.

WARNING: MATURE THEMES ESPECIALLY IN THIS CHAPTER !!

~Juvia POV~

The only noise you could hear in the car was the droplets of rain hitting off the windscreen and the faint sound of the radio playing.

Neither of us talked.

It was as if we were walking on egg shells around each other. One wrong word and that would've ended the little progress we'd made.

As much as I wanted to deny it, I was happy to be next to him again. I missed him and didn't even give him a chance to speak to hear his side of things. Therefore, what happened was also partially my fault.

"We're here." Gray said as he pulled up into the driveway of a huge house. My jaw dropped at the sight of it. I had no idea Gray was well off.

"So...beautiful." I gasped absentmindedly as I noticed the intricate designs on the house. The garden was massive, full of a variety of different flowers. Roses, tulips, daffodils..you name it.

"Thanks. My mum loves her garden, as you can tell." He laughed.

He quickly opened the door to his house, and it was like he opened the door of a palace. There was a marble staircase in the front as soon as you walked in, accompanied by a huge hallway. At the side there was a massive sitting room with a big fireplace. Everything was colour co-ordinated to perfection. It was such a breathtaking view.

"Don't worry, make yourself at home. No one is here anyway so don't be shy." He slid his jacket off and hung it on the coat hanger. "I'll take your jacket too." He volunteered,  sliding it off me.

"Thank you. Where are your parents though if you don't mind me asking ?" I questioned as he walked me to the living room. I was dying of excitement to see it properly. I was also slightly terrified I'd get anything dirty so I decided to leave my wet shoes at the door.

"My mum is hosting a fashion show for her new clothes line in New York and my father, well he's on a business trip in Tokyo." He said slouching down onto the sofa.

I looked at the empty space next to him hesitantly. I didn't want to just sit there as it may have seemed rude but I was dying to feel the material of the sofa's. They looked so soft.

"You can sit, if you like."

"Thanks but my clothes are wet, I don't want to get the sofa dirty or ruin it." I said slightly shivering. Yes, some jackets say waterproof and lie. The wet clothes clung to my bare skin. The white shirt had now become completely see through, making me feel slightly embarrassed.

Gray seemed to notice and immediately blushed a deep shade of red.

"Uhm wait I'll go get you a shirt. I'm afraid it will have to be one of my shirts since my mum hates me touching her things so I'll be right back." He said quickly rushing up the stairs, accidentally bumping into a vase on the way.

I couldn't help but let out a soft giggle at his clumsiness.

I noticed a picture of Gray with his family on the a shelf near the chimney. They all looked happy. Gray's mum looked beautiful, she had long dark hair and green eyes contrasting with the her pale skin and dark hair. His father instead had black hair and grey coloured eyes. He looked a lot like Gray.

"I have the shirt." Gray let out a few short pants. "I got it as fast as I could to avoid you freezing to death. The bathroom is just along the hall to your right."