Chapter 9 - Back to Square One.

Disclaimer: Chatacters belong to Hiro Mashima.

Warning : Swearing & mature content.

~Natsu POV~

"Morning Mum~" I said grabbing my bowl of cereal and pouring milk into it. Nothing starts the day off better than a bowl of milk and coco pops.

"Wendy, 'sup !" I said messing up her hair. She immediately began to squirm and tried to pry my hands off her head.

"Why are you so happy this morning ?! Can't you go back to being your moody self." She pouted crossing her hands over her chest. Suddenly her face lightened up as a devious smile began to crawl its way onto her face. "Is it because of Lucy ?"

I immediately spat out my coco pops choking on them desperately. I felt my cheeks begin to burn red with embarrassment.

"What do you mean ??" I asked raising my eyebrow at her.

"You kissed her ?.."

"What n-no I didn't ! H-how- ?!"

"It's all over FairyChat !" She said showing me the picture. It was posted from Lucy's account. She swore she wouldn't tell anyone yet, she posted the picture of us !

"Why are you frowning ? You can't seriously think Lucy took the picture-"

"Shut up you stupid blue haired idiot." I said tossing my bowl of unfinished coco pops and milk in the sink. I shoved on my bag with a frown plastered across my face.

I was right about Lucy. I can never be just friends with her, because we'll never be friends in the first place.

As I was walking out the gate I heard someone call my name. I turned round and saw the blonde haired traitor waving at me frantically. I just returned her wave with a cold glare and stormed off.

I wasn't in the mood to speak to her, not after she betrayed me like that. Just when I was thinking we could be more than just friends.

I guess Lisanna is better than Lucy after all.

She'd never betray me.

~Lucy POV~

Why did Natsu just glare at me ? What on earth have I done to him now...?

I sped up my pace in attempt to catch up with him and when I did I was simply given the cold shoulder alone with some really kind words that I'm sure everyone would love to hear.

"I said fuck off." He repeated.

"But why Natsu ?! What on earth have I done now ?"

"Oh ! You even have the cheek to act all dumb now don't you ! Oh wow look at you, little angelic Lucy ! Oh so innocent."

"Cut the crap out and tell me what on earth I have done to piss you off !" I snap at him.

"You posted that picture of us kissing !" He shouted. "Thanks to you my relationship with Lisanna is gone."

"Why on earth would I post that ? I promised you I wouldn't so what makes you think I would ?!"

"Because you hate me." He spat. "And quite frankly I hate you too. I can't believe people will actually think me and you would have a thing going on. That's the equivalent of me having a thing with the trash can..except that's nicer looking than you." My mouth was stuck in an O-shape. How did we go from enemies, to accidentally kissing, to becoming friends and now back to enemies again.