Chapter 40 - Uh-Oh...

Disclaimer : Characters belong to Hiro Mashima.
Warning : bad language and mature content

~Juvia POV~

As I'm part of the school events committee, it's my job to organise this years Halloween party along with some other fellow students.

I'd love to say it's an honour to do so but then I'd be lying. Since Lisanna is on the events committee then that means I've to spend my free time with her. That is of course when she bothers to show up since half the time she's eating someone news face off.

Last week it was Sting and the week before that it was Sting's brother Rogue...but today I caught her with Max. Things aren't looking good for us right now. I mean Max wants Lucy and everyone knows that Lisanna wants Natsu but hey, who knows, maybe Max and Lisanna are genuinely in love...that is if they even know the meaning of the word love. They both clearly know the meaning of the word 'ugly'.

"Oh dear, I'm late.." Lisanna barged through the doors of the library with her lipsticks smeared out of place. Or maybe it's her lipsticks attempt to get away from her face because it can't stand being on it anymore, maybe it's screaming 'please, get me off this creature's face !' . Same lipstick, same. My eyes are currently screaming at what they are being forced to look at, I'm pretty sure they didn't even scream this loud when I was sitting my maths test.

"It's fine, you're not late at all." Said Haru, the boy who is deeply in love with the monstrous Lisanna. It's a shame for him but he doesn't currently fit into Lisanna's ideal boy fantasy.

"I don't really care." She grunted, placing her new designer bag on the floor. "So, idiots, what are we doing for the party ?"

"We're having a Halloween party in the main hall. Everyone will be required to wear a Halloween costume." Although you might not need one ahaha...

"You said that out loud, Juvia. I guess you're so used to talking to yourself you don't even realise you do it. Absolutely pathetic...Do you still have day dreams about Gray being your boyfriend huh ?" She asked, humiliating me in front of the whole group. They immediately burst into laughter as I blushed a shade of deep red.

"Actually she doesn't have to pretend anymore." I felt a hand lightly squeeze my shoulder.

"G-gray ?" I lifted my face up to look at him. "W-what are you doing here ?"

"Just came to check up on you. Looks like I was right to." He replied sending a glare to Lisanna. "You should shut your mouth, your bad breathe is really making my stomach churn and making the windows fog up.."

The group, including myself broke out in a fit of laughter as Lisanna crossed her arms over her chest and huffed.

Gray definitely came in on perfect timing. It's kind of weird that he came though as he got kicked out of this committee by breaking the rules at one of the events he was in charge of organising.

"So, can you two stop being lovey dovey and tell me what the hell is happening for this stupid party ?"

"Yes, your birthday party right ? I mean Halloween should be called "Lisannaween"". Gray smirked evilly at her as her eyebrow began to twitch in anger.

"Tell me when the stupid party is so I can leave !" Lisanna said through gritted teeth.

"Now, now. No biting please." Gray tutted.

"I WILL-"

"Next Friday at eight, now come on let's go !" I stood up quickly, dragging Gray behind me but I noticed Lisanna pull a gesture at him which he gladly did back.