Chapter 37 - Cheater in the House !

Warning: MATURE CONTENT !!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Characters belong to Hiro Mashima.

~Natsu POV~

"I'm hungry~" I whined as I sat on the edge of Lucy's bed.

Lucy was currently at her makeup desk, putting a little makeup on Wendy who had begged her to do so after seeing her wide collection of makeup.

"I know. Your mum is helping my mum cook now so they shouldn't be long." Lucy smiled as she applied a little lip gloss on Wendy.

"Wow Lucy, you're so good at makeup !" Wendy exclaimed, clasping her hands together while admiring herself in the hug oval shaped mirror.

"I'm really not but thank you Wendy !" Lucy replied giving her a quick hug.

My mind couldn't help but trail back to Max. He's trying to make me pick between my sister and Lucy. I can't pick. They both mean the world to me. The thought of him hurting Wendy killed me inside and the thought of him having Lucy made me feel sick to my stomach. Lucy is mine and mine only.

"Natsu, you okay ?" Lucy asked plopping next to me with Wendy holding her hand following closely behind.

"Huh ? Oh yeah..I'm fine." I said trying to crack a smile. I wasn't fine though. I was living in fear that he'd hurt my little sister and that he'd take Lucy. He already made my father lose his job..We know he's one to keep his promises.

There was a knock on the door luckily, just as Lucy opened her mouth to ask me another question. I had to tell her, but not in front of Wendy.

"Come in." Lucy called out. Just a few seconds later, the door knob twisted and Loke popped his head through the door.

"You." Wendy squinted as she looked at him, balling her fists and clenching her jaw tightly.

Loke gulped. "D-dinner is r-ready." He whimpered, recalling how Wendy beat him up the other day for hurting her brother.

"Yay !" I exclaimed, grabbing both Wendy and Lucy's hands and dragging them down the stairs, accidentally hitting Loke on the way down.

Accidentally.

"Hello kids!" Lucy's mum chirped as both our families sat down. Lucy's dad was the only one not present. He decided to work extra time in his office, and for some reason Loke's mum wasn't here either but I think Mrs Heartfilia said she was running some errands.

"Good-Afternoon, Mrs Heartfilia !" Me and Wendy said together.

Mrs Heartfilia, despite her illness had a wonderful glow around her. Her happiness to be all together was radiating through the room. I was glad Lucy's dad wasn't here. He's a pain.

"Anyone want some mashed potatoes ?" My mum asked as she began passing them round.

Soon enough, our plates were full to the brim. This is about to be a big dinner.

---

"That was delicious !" I smiled.

"Thank you, son." Mrs Heartfilia replied. "It makes me happy that you're with my Lucy. She's so happy around you, unlike when she was with that jerk Max !"