Chapter 42 - Kissing Booth ?!

Disclaimer: Characters belong to Hiro Mashima

Warning: Swearing & mature content

Enjoy !!

~Lucy POV~

"Students ! Listen up please. As you may know, your year - especially the student council - is responsible for organising the school fair. Student council members must attend the meeting regarding the school fair today at lunchtime. It will last until the end of the day so you have been excused from classes. Thank you for your attention. Anyone unwilling to co-operate will not be allowed to attend the Christmas ball." Head master Makarov's voice blared through the speakers around the school halls, interrupting everyone from their current conversations. I was in the middle of telling the girls about Natsu and I but that subject got quickly scrapped by the excitement over the school fair.

"I'm so excited for the school fair ! I've read about it in the brochure and it looks adorable." I squealed earning an eye roll from Levy and Juvia.

"It really isn't...I'm not looking forward to being in a meeting with Lisanna about it either. Watch her suggest a kissing booth !" Juvia laughed.

"Sounds like something she would do, I mean there's never a day she doesn't attach her lips to someone else's." I giggled along with Juvia.

"So true. Her and Gajeel once made out at a party. Natsu was mad so he went and got revenge by making out with one of Lisanna's minions."

"Who was she ?" I asked curiously. Natsu had never mentioned this, maybe it's because he'd rather forget how much of an ass he used to be.

"Well, Lisanna managed to get her expelled. She hid the school fair money in her locker so she got accused of stealing it when in reality it was that snake of Lisanna." Juvia replied with a hint of sorrow in her voice. "I feel bad for her friends, they're just scared to go against her so they do whatever Lisanna tells them to."

"Yeah, but we won't ever be like that."

"Nope." I chimed.

"Well...unless one of you two kisses Gajeel." Levy giggled softly and we all laughed along with her.

"What about me ?" Gajeel asked out of nowhere.

"Eh..uhm...I-I...ehm..." Levy anxiously shifted from foot to foot while her cheeks began to turn bright red.

Gajeel raised his eyebrows suspiciously. A smirk was placed across his lips as he stared at poor Levy who was trying her best to think of an excuse. Although Levy was incredibly smart, she wasn't at fishing herself out of awkward situations.

"Levy, are you coming to help me with my maths homework ? My class starts in ten minutes." I said, saving her from Gajeel. Her expression immediately relaxed and a small sigh escaped from her lips.

"Yeah ! Sorry Lucy, Gajeel was distracting me !" She laughed. "I'll see you later !"

"But-"

She didn't even give him enough time to open his mouth to counter what she was saying. She quickly grasped at the chance she had to get away from the awkward situation and gladly took it.

"That girl is strange." I heard Gajeel mutter to himself as he stared at Levy dragging us down the corridor with her.

---
~Juvia POV~

The dreaded meeting for the school fair has arrived and of course Lisanna is already bossing us about thinking that the world revolves around her.