Chapter 43 - School Fair

Please read the question at the end of the story xx:)

It's been 10 days, but the new update is finally here ! Sorry for making you guys wait. My exams are coming up soon so I have been studying for them. This year has really taken an emotional toll on me and I'm struggling through it to be honest.

I hope you enjoy this update and I am so grateful for each and everyone of you. Fairy Tail High has reached 106k reads and I have never been any happier in my life. I am thinking of writing new stories soon !

Anyway, here is the much anticipated update.

WARNING: SWEARING & MATURE CONTENT
DISCLAIMER: CHARACTERS BELONG TO HIRO MASHIMA.

~Lucy POV~

This morning, when I woke up, the sound of birds chirping was overcome by my internal screams of despair as I remembered that today was the dreaded school fair. Kissing booths are so pointless, I mean why should we be forced to kiss someone against our will ? Lisanna suggested it so she should be the one doing it, not that she'd have a problem kissing everyone in the first place.

"Lucy, are you awake ?" Juvia moaned, still half asleep. We decided to have a sleepover in memory of our happiness. May it rest in peace.

"I'm afraid so." I replied, keeping my eyes fixated on the white ceiling while I imagined all the different horrible scenarios that could occur today. "This really isn't fair." I groaned. I'm surprised the headmaster let her run the idea, that's if she even spoke to him in the first place. Knowing Lisanna, she probably took this into her own hands or peer pressured him into saying yes.

"I know. What if Gray kisses someone prettier than me and falls in love with her ?" Juvia asked, slightly panicked. The thoughts of Gray being with another girl terrified Juvia, but I relate to her, I mean I am the same with Natsu. He's mine...and I'm really glad he is.

"Then he is a jerk because you are meant to love with the heart, not with the eyes. Plus, you are gorgeous Juvia, you need to stop being so hard on yourself. Just look at Lisanna, the walking self esteem booster." I laughed. Juvia smiled and let out a soft giggle along with her. Damn I'm good at roasting people.

"Yeah, you're right. Ugly on the inside and the outside. It's like her heart is frozen. I feel kind of sorry for her though, I mean she must be really sad if she finds pleasure in watching other people suffer." Juvia sighed. I guess she has a point, maybe something happened to her that turned her into a monster...or maybe she was just born like that. Her and Max should date, they would be perfect for each other.

"We better get ready." I said, forcefully heaving myself out of bed. I hope that Levy and Gajeel manage to find a way around this because it doesn't take a genius to know why Lisanna specifically picked the four of us.

It's clearly got something to do with Max, and whatever it is, I know it won't be good. Two evil minds put together, never equal a good outcome, even though the saying is two negatives make a positive. In this case, it clearly isn't true.

----

"Hey girls!" Natsu and Gray called out running towards us from the school gates. "Ready for today ?" Natsu smiled swinging an arm over my shoulder. I looked over at the stalls already set up in the school grounds. They looked really pretty, if not the fact that one of them was the kissing booth us four had sadly been designated to. I think I might throw up.

"No. And why do you look so happy about this, remember we are supposed to be grieving here." I pouted, shaking his arm off my shoulder angrily. I can't believe he's looking forward to kissing other girls, what an ass.