Chapter 31 - Max

Hey everyone ! Sorry for updating late, I was giving readers some time to catch up with the chapters since I've been uploading two chapters at a time XD

Anyway let's get right onto the next chapter ^.^ sorry if it's bad, I'm really pushing myself to write this. Please tell me if there's any mistakes because it's really rushed and it's 1:30am :(

Warning: Swearing & Mature themes.
Disclaimer: Characters belong to hiro Mashima :)

~Natsu POV~

"Don't be so shy Luce, take a seat anywhere around my room." I said, watching as she shifted uncomfortably and fiddled with the strap of her bag.

"Thank you." She croaked out nervously, taking a seat on the edge of the bed next to me.

"So...what did you want to talk to me about ?" I asked raising my eyebrow at her. I was dead curious to find out what she was so intently hiding from me.

What if she wants to break up ?!

What if she doesn't love me anymore ?! No. No. Please no.

"You don't want to break up with me do you ?" I asked as my mind began to get buried in all these different scenario's.

She hesitated a while before giving me the strangest answer you could possibly think of, making me even more confused.

"You might want to break up with me after hearing this."

I gaped at her and furrowed my eyebrows in confusion while turning my whole body towards her now.

She was now fidgeting with her fingers, picking her nails as she desperately tried to distract her gaze from me.

"You cheated on me with Loke ?" I stammered out in disbelief. Lucy turned her head towards me and looked at me with an 'are you stupid' kind of look.

"Natsu, you're so stupid sometimes. That's my freaking cousin." She deadpanned.

"Still, your family seems pretty messed up if you ask me." I said in defence, only after realising what I just said could've been hurtful towards her.

"Thanks." She muttered out.

"No-sorry I didn't mean it like that I-"

"It's fine. Now just let me tell you this. It's a long story about how I know Max and why he's here...and how he has to do with your father's job..." She trailed off as if she thought I'd snap at that very moment.

As much as I wanted to know what that idiot with the leather jacket had to do with my father, I decided to use my brain and shut up to avoid adding any extra nervousness to Lucy who was already struggling to tell me whatever it was that she wanted to tell me.

"Well, me and Max have history together. We actually dated when we were both sixteen years old. He was a bit like you...which is why I hated you so much. I thought he really loved me, but I was just being played. He was using me for my father's money. He managed to get into my father's good books and my father actually approved of him. One day however I walked in on him cheating on me when I went over to his house...it was extremely humiliating. Ever since that day things got so messy Natsu...He refused to end things between us. He stalked me all the time. He'd corner me and force me to kiss him and force me to hold his hand. He even hit me once for not doing as he said. Despite me moving, he still thinks we're a thing. I blocked his number and I blocked him on any social media and yet he's tracked me down Natsu. He wants me and you to split up so he can be with me. He'll do anything to break us up. Now he's taking this all out on your father and I really don't know what to do anymore." Lucy whimpered.