Chapter 33 - Sharing the News.

Warning : MATURE THEMES. SWEARING.

Disclaimer : Characters belong to hiro Mashima.

(Sorry for any typos it's late but I really needed to update! Didn't want to sleep without updating !)

~Lucy POV~

Yesterday was a day full of drama, and I woke up hoping that this day would be more peaceful and slightly more normal.

Heck, it felt like every second that passed I was losing a little bit of my sanity. I mean, what is normal anymore ? My mother is dying, my ex-boyfriend is back and is a psycho stalker and also happens to be worshipped by my father who wants me to marry him. Yes, great life.

At least I have one person that weighs all the negatives down. Natsu

I smiled in the mirror as I finished applying my lipgloss and ran a hand through my hair. I loved the effect that just the thought of Natsu would have on me. He's everything that I have right now, and he's everything that I want.

My thoughts about Natsu were jolted when I heard three distinct, weak knocks at my door. It couldn't have been my mother since she's in bed resting so maybe it was Loke..or my father. Ugh. Much fun seeing them first thing in the morning !

"Come in." I said in an annoyed tone, already imaging who was on the other side of the door.

"Sorry honey I didn't mean to disturb you." A fragile voice said as a frail figure appeared in front of my door.

"Mum.." I whispered incredulously. I hadn't seen her out of her bed in a while.

I quickly got up and ran to her side, letting her arm rest around mine so that she could support herself. She gently plopped herself on the bed and patted the empty space next to her.

"I need to tell you something important." She said as I took a seat next to her and placed my hand into hers.

"What is it ?" I felt a pang in my heart as soon as the words left my mouth. It was as if a sixth sense had kicked in, telling me that this news was bad.

"I...I have one week left to live..." My mother finally let out, followed by a low sigh. My mouth fell open. One week. One week left with my mother. One week left of me being able to hug and talk to her. One week of me being able to see her. One week of me being able to hear her.

No.

I wasn't ready.

No.

This can't be happening !

"Mum ! No but they said that they had hope for you ! They said you were strong and-"

"Lucy, it's over. I lost." My mother said as a tear rolled down her eye.

My vision was beginning to get blurry as my mothers reflection became wobbly due to the tears welling up in my eyes.

My mouth was stuck in an 'o' shape but no sound was coming out.

The information she gave me had sunk in. The information I knew I should've been prepared to receive but didn't want to.

"Lucy, I'm sorry I tried my best I-"

"HEY LUCE !" Natsu suddenly shouted  barging in through my open window. I looked over at him and he immediately registered my emotions. He immediately realised something was off.

He switched his glances between me and my mother, looking at both of us with concern.

"I'm sorry, I'll get going if-"